What an experience!

Just wanted to share some feelings :p :cool:

My friend brought brought over his PS3 to use on my 52" / high definition.

Cranked up the volume... turned off all the lights :p :p :p I'm sure you get the point.

And I was just blown away... I was going to get a 360, but I think I have been "converted."

You don't even say which piece of software blew you away!

Was it the wavy animated line behind the interface that did it for you, or one of the exciting mahjongg titles? :rofl:

Thats one of the +'s for me against the Xbox, i hate the 360's bit metal chunky interface, the ps3 is sooooo nice from the start up until u turn it off! Also i love the controller over the 360's mainly just cause of the Battery Pack at the back and it hurts my hands after a while but the ps3's is so light and comfortable!

Thats one of the +'s for me against the Xbox, i hate the 360's bit metal chunky interface, the ps3 is sooooo nice from the start up until u turn it off! Also i love the controller over the 360's mainly just cause of the Battery Pack at the back and it hurts my hands after a while but the ps3's is so light and comfortable!

Well thats your personal preference. Overall the XBOX controller has been rated quite high. I personally love it.

PS3 controllers have issues disconnecting. I dont know if that has been fixed since the last time I played on my friends PS3. Personally, I think XBOX 360's Dashboard interface is way better designed than the PS3's my friend agreed on that too, although he loves his PS3.

You know what you should do? Get an Xbox 360 from somewhere too, and hook it up to your 52' screen and then see what you think.

I've always had mixed feelings about the PS3, but with only one Game worth playing available its hard for me to justify shelling out $600... Maybe one day if they split that price on half.

You know what you should do? Get an Xbox 360 from somewhere too, and hook it up to your 52' screen and then see what you think.

I was about to ask the same thing. Have you seen the 360 in the same situation? Maybe you'd be just as blown away and you'd save some money. :shrug: Just an idea.

I was about to ask the same thing. Have you seen the 360 in the same situation? Maybe you'd be just as blown away and you'd save some money. :shrug: Just an idea.

Fair point. I do plan on getting my friend to bring over his 360 (although he doesn't have the high def cables)

I can imagine you'll be even more blown away playing Gears Of War in the dark, in 52" High Def, than Resistance. Does your mate not have the premium pack, the component leads are standard in that package...

I can imagine you'll be even more blown away playing Gears Of War in the dark, in 52" High Def, than Resistance.

Probably way more blown away. Gears of War visuals are amazing, and the experience is extremely immersive. There are reasons why Gears of War has been beating Zelda at every GotY award. :p

Fair point. I do plan on getting my friend to bring over his 360 (although he doesn't have the high def cables)

The 360 comes with Composite Cables which can output up to 1080p as long as your TV supports 1080p over Composite. I know the Sony TVs support only 720p, 1080i over composite.

There are reasons why Gears of War has been beating Zelda at every GotY award. :p

Every?

The 360 comes with Composite Cables which can output up to 1080p as long as your TV supports 1080p over Composite. I know the Sony TVs support only 720p, 1080i over composite.

Don't you mean component?

I have a 360 and a PS3 and honestly I still love my 360. The reason is that Resistance is the only reason to buy the console. I actually bought God of War yesterday just so I could actually play a game on it. I would wait honestly and let some more games get released. Plus the 360 already has loads of games that are good and they are getting more next year just like the PS3. Hopefully Metal Gear and Killzone get released next year so I can play next gen games on it. My next purchases are going to be Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance and 3 Substance. Like I said before just for something to play on it instead of Blu-Ray movies.

The 360's visuals are just as good, if not better. So I'm sure you would be blown away by it too. Plus it has way more good games than just one. I'd say get the 360. It has better games, better online, and looks just as good or better, and save yourself $200. But hey, it's your money. If you want to waste it on a sinking ship, go on ahead :p

Personally, I think they are both just as good as each other. I think this time graphics won't play such a huge roll in choosing which console (like it did in the previous gen) as games like Resistance (PS3) and GOW (X360) both show each console is capable of some seriously awesome graphics :cool: it really depends on what games your into ;)

Personally, I think they are both just as good as each other. I think this time graphics won't play such a huge roll in choosing which console (like it did in the previous gen) as games like Resistance (PS3) and GOW (X360) both show each console is capable of some seriously awesome graphics :cool: it really depends on what games your into ;)
Most (if not all) the 3rd party exclusives are coming to the 360 now. So really the games are about the same with a few 1st party differences. It's more like if you want to save $200 and have a better online system or not.