Windows Vista Ultimate OEM

Vista's great, I love it, but I think i'll wait a little while before getting it

1) Money...need money... lol

2) I want my decent graphics drivers

3) Line6 need to make some drivers that actually WORK for my PODxtLive

...Then i'll be happy :D

-Rich-

I checked PriceCanada.com and found prices from $102.00 -> $520 Canadian ... for now, I may just buy one of the Upgrades, since I'll be gettin' an older NetVista think center shorting.

Newegg just put Vista for sale :p

I just went and looked at them, and I have no clue where people are coming from when they complain about the price. Vista Ultimate for $199, seems like a good deal to me. Even better is home premium at $119. The cost is a horrible argument now, considering the fact that apple charges $129 every year for a service pack.

I am thinking of getting OEM Vista Business because it is so much cheaper than I had thought. The only problem is I am going to change my video card to Geforce 8xxx when Crysis comes out. Can anybody say for sure whether I will have to re-activate Vista again? Will the business edition have Direct X 10? Thanks

I just went and looked at them, and I have no clue where people are coming from when they complain about the price. Vista Ultimate for $199, seems like a good deal to me. Even better is home premium at $119. The cost is a horrible argument now, considering the fact that apple charges $129 every year for a service pack.

Not to mention SP1 of Vista is scheduled to be released later this year...for free.

The cost is a horrible argument now, considering the fact that apple charges $129 every year for a service pack.

I have no idea where you get your information from, but Apple does not charge for their service updates (10.3.x, 10.4.x) - only their major milestone releases (10.4, 10.5 etc ....) because they have new features.

Radish?

Just a quick ?. I installed Vista RC2 on a PC with a 2.4GHZ P4, 384MB RAM, Ati 9600 Pro 128MB. Will the RTM/Retail install on my PC?

Of course it will. What makes you think it'll tell you no?

Thanks for the reply. Will it stop the install? I get it from the school I work at. Just wondering as my system admin won't do it until a SP comes out.

Its probably just going to say it cant install becuase their is not enough RAM, it wont even start the install. Thats what it said when i was just going to try it on a computer with on 256mb.

I have no idea where you get your information from, but Apple does not charge for their service updates (10.3.x, 10.4.x) - only their major milestone releases (10.4, 10.5 etc ....) because they have new features.

Radish™

I think he was using the term "service pack" sarcastically to refer to the milestone releases.

Got my Vista Ultimate OEM from Overclockers last night :yes: Installed it on my MacBook Pro. Its actually pretty nice, some of the visuals are a bit OTT though and I seem to have a problem installing any Vista compatible antivirus, whichever one I install, it blue-screens on restart :crazy: Booting into Safe Mode and uninstalling the antivirus works and the system boots fine normally. :wacko:

HERE is the Office 2007 prices, however I will never ever use Overcockers again after they messed me around few times on orders, so be weary of them is all I say.

Well i bought my new ?2000 PC from over clockers ALL in SEPERATES parts (I self built it:DD) and had no trouble. and this is like 20 items we're talking about. Biggest problem i had was i forgot to buy a keyboard, which isnt exactly there fault.

?2000 quid on a PC???? Phhhhh - The max i would pay for a PC is 800 - 900

How is that relevant to this conversation?:pp