Uninstalling Linux...

Okay, last time I tried to take out Linux, I was locked out from my whole system cause GRUB was still there.

I want all of my 76gb back. So how can I delete my Linux partitions, GRUB, and resize my NTFS partition with PM7.0?

My whole thing is:

post-30-1038635529.jpg

:blink:

Uh sorry... but I don't know what you just said. How do I let PM take over my boot loader? Can't I just "uninstall" GRUB or something? I need to know like... how to do it step-by-step. Cuase I don't want to lose all of my stuff (again...)

The easy way would be to delete the linux partitions using PM. Then to restore the Windows MBR, get a DOS bootdisk, boot from it, and run:

fdisk /mbr

That will restore your MBR to the default windows one.

Good Luck!

Yah, i ran into this too, resizing my partitions. The pda manual takes you through it step by step on how to redistribute the space back to the ntfs partition. If that isnt working, i dunno.

The easy way would be to delete the linux partitions using PM. Then to restore the Windows MBR, get a DOS bootdisk, boot from it, and run:

fdisk /mbr

That will restore your MBR to the default windows one.

Good Luck!

delete the linux partitions with PM, then run fdisk /mbr thats correct and then reboot and do a xp repair install

Use DISKPART do delete all non-Windows partition. I wouldn't recommend using fdisk since you use NTFS file system. Then use FIXMBR to overwrite your MBR. DISKPART and FIXMBR are avaiable under recovery console. To use recovery console you must boot your system from Windows XP CD-ROM. After deleting non-Windows partitions and overwriting MBR use Partition Magic to resize your NTFS partition.