Kojima: blu ray will run out of space soon

Now heres something interesting from an interview with Kojima saying that Blu ray will soon run out of space? Is he serious? Is he talking about what space MGS4 is going to take up? What about the rumours on the 360 gettin MGS4, will this be the first HD DVD game on 360?

kojimainterview_qjpreviewth.jpg

Now heres something interesting from an interview with Kojima saying that Blu ray will soon run out of space? Is he serious? Is he talking about what space MGS4 is going to take up? What about the rumours on the 360 gettin MGS4, will this be the first HD DVD game on 360?

<snip>

To answer your last question...NO. I don't understand why you don't get it through your head that games aren't ever going to be on HDDVD's for the 360.

I seriously doubt they're running out of space either. What's so much more HD about this game than, say, GoW, which didn't seem to have space problems at all on a 9GB DVD?

-Spenser

To answer your last question...NO. I don't understand why you don't get it through your head that games aren't ever going to be on HDDVD's for the 360.

thats what they said for hdmi for xbox as well.

I think the more interesting quote is what he has to say with the third one about 1080p.

I think the more interesting quote is what the third one about 1080p.

Indeed.

As for Bluray. Well, umm. I've said this before. If you give developers the space. They'll take all of it up. It's only a matter of time. Not everyone requires CGI scenes. They could just render everything through the PS3, or isn't it powerful enough? *Remembers the Final Fantasy tech demo over 2 years ago*

The rumors of MGS4 on xbox is totally and complete BS.

I also have yet to really see the rave in HD gaming. Madden 07 looks alot better playing in HD on my PS3, but I don't see it being anywhere near 'revolutionary'.

Blu-ray can't run out. There are dual and quad disk being made.

The quad is a 100 GB version that LG is making.

Edited by Tech Star

Does this guy even know how games work?

His comment about a "frame" of a game taking up space just sounds so very stupid. Next he'll start ranting about Live is a series of tubes.

They already stated Metal Gear Solid was not coming to 360 nor would it ever be...sad...but thats the way it is sometimes :(

Currently developers are running on average around 5-8gb for PS3 games are they not? Give them time and they will fill it up (like dvd) and need a new medium, but as said above, atleast the future blu-ray disks allow for some growth

quad = 4

25 x 4 = 100GB max.

where do u get 200 from? or is this some sort of IRS way of adding tax here and there?

Accidentally hit the 2. :p my bad. :)

His comment about a "frame" of a game taking up space just sounds so very stupid. Next he'll start ranting about Live is a series of tubes.

I dunno, I guess that a top known developer like Kojima should know how games work. Just a humble guess, but if you can, please enlighten us.

Well just think about it logically, this man is quite intelligent so he cant seariously mean FRAME rendered in the game engine. It's fairly obvious he is refering to using MPEG2 at 1080p, as Sony suggests developers should use. There is no other way a respectable man like that would come up with something like that so I blame the translator.

Well just think about it logically, this man is quite intelligent so he cant seariously mean FRAME rendered in the game engine. It's fairly obvious he is refering to using MPEG2 at 1080p, as Sony suggests developers should use. There is no other way a respectable man like that would come up with something like that so I blame the translator.

Hadn't thought to blame the translation. I would sure hope that's the problem!

I dunno, I guess that a top known developer like Kojima should know how games work. Just a humble guess, but if you can, please enlighten us.

I've never heard of Kojima...so there is a very real possibility that they DON'T know how games work! Then again, it is always possible that whoever translated from Japanese is a moron...

I've never heard of Kojima...so there is a very real possibility that they DON'T know how games work! Then again, it is always possible that whoever translated from Japanese is a moron...

Hideo Kojima is the creator of the Metal Gear series and has been in the industry since the 80's. He should know how games work by now. :p

And about the quad-layer 100GB Blu-ray Discs: Will current drives be able to read those?

Unless he is talking about FMVs taking all the space :wacko: which is kinda a speciality of japanes games.

Unless he is talking about FMVs taking all the space :wacko: which is kinda a speciality of japanes games.

He cant be, the MGS series has never really relied on FMV cut scenes, its all been done in game engine if I remember correctly besides the few you get in MGS about Hiroshima and maybe 1 or 2 I might be forgetting in MGS2/3.