Skinny arms/legs and fat stomach.. help!

No matter how much I exercise my arms and legs, they are ridiculously skinny.

My stomach on the other hand is fat..

How can I fix this? Is it the food im eating?

how much and how long have you been working out? You might not see any differences straight off, but give it some time and it should pay off. I'm pretty skinny/lanky myself but I started working out lightly recently and it took me something like a month or two to really start noticing anything different. Of course, eating right always helps too. A big thing for me is to know when I'm full and when I'm just eating for the sake of eating.

I'm sorry if sound rude pal, but the way you expressed it, reminds me of E.T. the extra-terrestrial LOL

again, sorry mate..

start doing crouches, run and watch what you eat.

In addition to what the others said, I suggest taking what you eat normally during the day and spreading the meals out in 4-5 meals instead of just 3. Make sure you're not eating fatty foods and those with too much cholesterol, try to be as "healthy" as you can.

run every day a mile or two, fitness twice a week, eat healthy (not too little, not too much, balanced) and you should get there

but most of all, give it time and keep on doing it for the rest of your life

a good exercise to help (a little) is to put your finger in your belly button, then suck in your stomach as far as you can away from your finger, and hold it for as long as you can... (you can do it without the finger thing, but you can kind of judge your progress by seeing how far you can pull it in)

it sounds stupid, but it actually helps... i forgot the name of the muscle, but it's not your regular abs that get worked out with sit-ups or crunches, it's more on the inside... that's what gets weak and lets your stomach stretch out...

but diet and overall exercise is still the most important...

I would suggest weight bearing exercise on the arms and legs to build up muscle.

The pot belly...erm sit ups and anything that tones that area I guess. A different diet may help to reduce bloating.

Anyone who says body shape is 'just' genetics should remember that families pass on eating and exercise habits as well (things which can be modified).

Well to get rid of the belly, your going to have to diet and sit-ups will build muscle under the fat but not get rid of it since your body will lose wieght everywhere not just one spot. Genetics do have to do with how you are built but you can still build muscle on your arms and legs. If you don't want to buy protien shakes just drink milk after workouts and eat lots of meats. Building muscle will take a while for a noticable difference (a couple months or more). Workout every other day and do free wieghts mixed with machines and when working out your arms try to do a lot of bench presses or incline bench presses (this works most of your arm muscles) And on your legs do a lot of squats and calf workout machines.

I also run a lot but this won't build lots of muscle but will defienetly tone what muscle you have and strenthen your heart and lungs. Running mixed with lifting wieghts will get you in great shape. When running eat a bagle or breads before you start. And another thing is try to stand up and walk around during the day to help burn calories if you fidget a lot that helps burn calories to. :) Fortunately I have never had to worry about this because my metabolism has been fast but good luck to you.

You may want to consider supplementing with amino acids in addition to watching what you eat and exercising regularly. Arginine, Creatine, and Glutamine may help. Taking arginine on an empty stomach before bed and when you first wake up will increase growth hormone. Glutamine taken throughout the day and before and after working out will help to build muscle and keep you from getting sore, and it will also keep your body from breaking down your muscle and keep you from craving sweets.

• 5 years later...

It's because you have to much cortisol, you need more adiponectin, the hormone in your body that literally burns fat, cortisol causes stress, which burns muscle instead of fat. To get more adiponectin you can take magnesium pills; eat pumpkin seeds, spinach, or kale. Another way to boost your adiponectin levels is by fasting for one day and eating big the next, this is continuous. A way to lower your stress levels is by breathing in through your nose for 4 seconds, hod for 2 seconds, then breathe out of your mouth til it feels comfortable. Repeat 8 times. Make sure to breathe through your stomach when doing this. You also may have to much grehlin in your system, which is the hormone that controls hunger. Also Insulin is storing your fat in the abdomin, along with stress which also stores in the abdominal region. You can get a green coffee bean called caffea cophera to get more adiponectin.