PS3 CES 2007 Keynote Address

Looks like he had something on his shoe! He couldn't keep his eyes off them lol! I guess he's looking at notes.

Wait, wait, he said 90% of users have watched a blu-ray movie - doesn't the PS3 come bundled with a movie? Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I thought.

WTF - "We think the term 'digital living room' is a bit limiting, we prefer the term 'digital living'" That doesn't even make sense.

Edited by NegaC

Looks like he had something on his shoe! He couldn't keep his eyes off them lol! I guess he's looking at notes.

Wait, wait, he said 90% of users have watched a blu-ray movie - doesn't the PS3 come bundled with a movie? Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I thought.

WTF - "We think the term 'digital living room' is a bit limiting, we prefer the term 'digital living'" That doesn't even make sense.

The first 500,000 came bundled with a movie!

Digital Living? Living Digitally :p

Nothing new really shown in that video, but an interesting watch never the less.

* If this PSP <-> PS3 connecting from anywhere thing works, then I think it will be quite cool :yes:

Hey, he said that the future of visual entertainment is indisputably hi-def. Wow, gee, thanks. What would we do without you Sony?!

Also, apparently they have games running at 1080p @ 60 FPS which he claims is "a feat never before possible on any other computer entertainment system" Now... I may be mistaken but isn't a PC a "computer entertainment system"? Pretty much is, and yeah, computers have been able to do that for a long time. I'll give you that the 360 is questionable there. It can do it now but no one uses it with native content yet. Still I can see where it would be easy to forget about PCs... you know, the #1 gaming platform there is.

Every time Sony opens their mouth they have some stupid comment that's pointless, already known, or a complete and total lie. I really don't pick sides with this whole thing, I don't even have any of the new "next gen" consoles, I'm just really getting sick of Sony.

Edit: Oh, and I know someone will reply to me and say something like "Why do we have to do this in every Sony topic?" Well, the simple answer is because every time Sony talks they start spouting some more BS. Therefore, ever new topic about them talking annoys people.

Edit 2: Hahaha, he even had the balls to mention UMD? When will they give up on UMD. Sony needs to stop trying to come up with new formats because they fail every time. Bluray is the best they've done in ages. Beta, SACD, Minidisc, UMD, jeez, you'd think they'd give up or realize what they're doing wrong and fix it. I guess they kind of have fixed it a little more with Bluray since it's not so proprietary to them this time.

Edited by Betaz

Hey, he said that the future of visual entertainment is indisputably hi-def. Wow, gee, thanks. What would we do without you Sony?!

Also, apparently they have games running at 1080p @ 60 FPS which he claims is "a feat never before possible on any other computer entertainment system" Now... I may be mistaken but isn't a PC a "computer entertainment system"? Pretty much is, and yeah, computers have been able to do that for a long time. I'll give you that the 360 is questionable there. It can do it now but no one uses it with native content yet. Still I can see where it would be easy to forget about PCs... you know, the #1 gaming platform there is.

Every time Sony opens their mouth they have some stupid comment that's pointless, already known, or a complete and total lie. I really don't pick sides with this whole thing, I don't even have any of the new "next gen" consoles, I'm just really getting sick of Sony.

Edit: Oh, and I know someone will reply to me and say something like "Why do we have to do this in every Sony topic?" Well, the simple answer is because every time Sony talks they start spouting some more BS. Therefore, ever new topic about them talking annoys people.

Edit 2: Hahaha, he even had the balls to mention UMD? When will they give up on UMD. Sony needs to stop trying to come up with new formats because they fail every time. Bluray is the best they've done in ages. Beta, SACD, Minidisc, UMD, jeez, you'd think they'd give up or realize what they're doing wrong and fix it. I guess they kind of have fixed it a little more with Bluray since it's not so proprietary to them this time.

Um any company at the moment is going to be pushing hi-def at the consumers at every chance they get. Hi-Def doesn't represent that big a % of the market yet and there is still a lot of consumers in the dark about it. Hi-Def also links to Blu-Ray which again gives Sony a great chance to market Blu-Ray as hard as they can.

None of the comments in this video seemed that pointless to me. I doubt any were lies either. The only thing I'm taking with a grain of salt just now is how well the PSP <-> PS3 link works.

I also find it hard to see how this video could "annoy" someone :/

Lasty UMD is unfortunately the power behind the PSP and while it stays like that Sony HAS to try their best to support and promote UMD. What sort of company wouldn't? The PSP still sells well and needs all the support it can get.

* Also on the note you make about computers. This is a CONSOLE and this IS the first time any console has been able to output at full 1080p. PC's don't enter this equation at all.

Edited by Something Corporate

hold on a sec he said in there booths he said they have Lair and MotorStorm running at 1080 at 60fps! But i have JPN retail of MotorStorm and its only 720......

hold on a sec he said in there booths he said they have Lair and MotorStorm running at 1080 at 60fps! But i have JPN retail of MotorStorm and its only 720......

Well we can hope that the American/Europe release has had one hell of an overhaul :woot:

Well we can hope that the American/Europe release has had one hell of an overhaul :woot:

They actually have to try in America, unlike Japan where people just accept it just because it's sony, and hate xbox because it's not..lol

* Also on the note you make about computers. This is a CONSOLE and this IS the first time any console has been able to output at full 1080p. PC's don't enter this equation at all.

mmm... reminds me of that old argument that oral sex doesn't qualify as "sex"... who cares? In the end you?ll end up having an orgasm don?t yo:laugh:ug:rofl:of:p :p

Edited by Spartan_X

mmm... reminds me of that old argument that oral sex doesn't qualify as "sex"... how cares? In the end you?ll end up having an orgasm don?t yo:laugh:ug:rofl:of:p :p

ROFL - best post ever

mmm... reminds me of that old argument that oral sex doesn't qualify as "sex"... who cares? In the end you’ll end up having an orgasm don’t you? :laugh: :rofl: :p

lol zomg. :rofl:

mmm... reminds me of that old argument that oral sex doesn't qualify as "sex"... who cares? In the end you?ll end up having an orgasm don?t yo:laugh:ug:rofl:of:p :p

hahahaha:rofl:ofl: