Official MacWorld Keynote Thread

I want an ipod like that, but with out the phone, with at lease a 80GB storage.... may be even 100GB

It definitely be sweet to have an iPod like that. Although I don't need more than 30GB, preferably 40GB.

Hmm so would the content then be stretched to fit the widescreen format? Or would there be black bars automatically put in the sides? Something about this product and the lack of HD content available just doesn't sit right with me.

The max resolution of the videos is 640x480, but many of the movies are actually a widescreen resolution (can't remember the actual res), which is a little smaller vertically. They would look better on the iPhone than on the current iPod (the iPhone's res is 480x320, the iPod is 320x240).

By the way, has anyone else thought that maybe we did get a small look at the future UI of OS X? Where, you ask? On the iPhone. Look at Safari. It's very different than the UI we have seen so far for Leopard. Maybe that is the direction that the UI will be going in soon.

Edited by roadwarrior

By the way, has anyone else thought that maybe we did get a small look at the future UI of OS X? Where, you ask? On the iPhone. Look at Safari. It's very different than the UI we have seen so far for Leopard. Maybe that is the direction that the UI will be going in soon.

It would be extremely weird if they gave the iPhone a default brushed Safari window. It just wouldn't work.

if you haven't noticed, the iPhone's display is a whole lot smaller than a 19" desktop screen...

I was talking about the skin that was used, not necessarily the layout.

Is it actually worth watching for the average user? I think I'd rather just read articles and watch footage which summarizes what I actually want to know, instead of watching presentations. I have to watch enough of those in school.

Is it actually worth watching for the average user? I think I'd rather just read articles and watch footage which summarizes what I actually want to know, instead of watching presentations. I have to watch enough of those in school.

I thought it wasn't worth watching but, now that I have, I'm glad I saw it.. I felt more excited about the iPhone after the keynote and I wasn't really beforehand.

I think its just fun to watch it in the way that Steve presents things. Quite the showman. :p

Heh I'll watch next time, since I already know everything there is to take away from that keynote... I was already excited about the iPhone but then they showed the price. Interest immediately lost.