Breaking News: Cisco Sues apple over iPhone 'name'

I'm on Cisco's side too. Especially for the crap apple pulled a while back with copyrighting the word "pod" and suing everyone that used it in their product names, even if completely unrelated to the iPod's in anyway.

Suck it down, apple, suck it down.

They Could call it the I-babble

or they could just call it The Phone-I

or I-Moble

or how about I-phonewithaguithatlookslikeitwascopiedfromvista

Cisco wanted to celebrate their milestone of reaching 1 Billion Calculators sold by sueing Apple! Ahaha! Brilliant!

sorry but it was Casio who sold 1B calculators this week. not Cisco :p

rofl! Yee go Cisco.. btw.. where did all the Apple fans go now? Always bitching about others copying Apple... they just got screwed.. they have no freakin right to say that people copy them again and violate their copyrights! haha

Big woop. Nothing will change. A settlement and or agreement will be made.

Since the device hasn't been released, it is possible that Apple will change the name. I don't see that it would be a problem.

Since the device hasn't been released, it is possible that Apple will change the name. I don't see that it would be a problem.

It might show a sign of weakness on Apples part, then people start to go crazy on iProduct names

If you didn't see this coming, then you're..... just not paying attention. How Apple could go out and do this is either showing their completely stupid or completely arrogant. I'll go with the later.

Pubicity issue.. maybe? Its probably not going to hurt them too much.. but the product has been all over in the news as "iPhone" already and there is a good chance that Apple might have to pay a fee for this too. so yeh i dunno

If you didn't see this coming, then you're..... just not paying attention. How Apple could go out and do this is either showing their completely stupid or completely arrogant. I'll go with the later.

Yeah, I myself was pretty surprised when they decided to keep it as the iPhone because it's kind of obvious that they'll get sued as everyone knew about Cisco's trademark already.

Well, if Cisco decides not to settle (unless Apple pays a hefty, hefty, price) then I'm sure they will win on this hand. They've had it since 2000, way earlier than when the stock of the iPod started to raise.

Well, if Cisco decides not to settle (unless Apple pays a hefty, hefty, price) then I'm sure they will win on this hand. They've had it since 2000, way earlier than when the stock of the iPod started to raise.

I dont think the ipod came out until 2001 anyways, but im pretty sure the imac was very late 90's though.