MotorStorm does NOT support 1080p

Not denying it's a good game at all but at the moment we only have Sony's promises that this console will some day be the best to differentiate the PS3 from the 360. Every time they lie like this it lowers the trust I have in them. I am supposed to base the fact that I sould spend the extra 150 pounds on a PS3 on the word of people who keep lying.

Wow what an ignorant point of view you have!

Not only have they lied to all their potential buyers, they've done it several times. Stop blindly defending everything Sony do wrong.

Maybe ignorance lies in the eye of the beholder? I'm sorry you can't admit the fact that the game will be a big seller and this issue will be nothing but dust in a few months.. whether it gets fixed or not. Don't waste your breathe on us with the console. The console and game will still sell.. even if you are on here advising people against it. Still haven't won the battle against the big, bad company full of liars known as Sony.. sorry bud.

Maybe ignorance lies in the eye of the beholder? I'm sorry you can't admit the fact that the game will be a big seller and this issue will be nothing but dust in a few months.. whether it gets fixed or not. Don't waste your breathe on us with the console. The console and game will still sell.. even if you are on here advising people against it. Still haven't won the battle against the big, bad company full of liars known as Sony.. sorry bud.

HAHAHAHAHA! OMG, that is priceless!

Right, I'm out, you are blatantly not going to listen to anything anyone has to say, so I have no interest in arguing with you anymore.

Edited by NegaC

I cannot believe you just said that. Do you work for Sony at all? None of us said it wouldnt be a big seller but for the fact for it to sell well they have to sell the PS3 which doesnt seem to have many people interested for various reasons other than the lies.

I cannot believe you just said that. Do you work for Sony at all? None of us said it wouldnt be a big seller but for the fact for it to sell well they have to sell the PS3 which doesnt seem to have many people interested for various reasons other than the lies.

I can't believe some of you still go on about the "OH MY GOD LIES! THE WORLD IS OVER!" type of posts either. I've already said that some of us can actually let it go and play the same. Many have let such things go against Microsoft, Toshiba, Google and whoever else you can name. The world is not over for Sony in gaming because of this small, small issue. For the last time.. so Sony lied and the game runs in 720p. So what? It's still playable and will sell big. So that leaves the argumental point with what? Nothing. We all win ;)

You do realize that just to increase the resolution to 1080p just bout requires quadruple the power, and addon a jump to 60 FPS as well, and you have to double that value again, so in effect youe xpect a patch that can magically make the PS3oh abotu roughly 6-8 times more powerful.

and that is ignoring the fact that if you managed to push that much data through the console the memory management in the PS3 is designed in a way that it wouldn't be able to actually deliver 1080p to the display at the same time. The PS3 is only able to do that when there's lots of room available in the memory and bus. meaning, it can't do it on games with high end graphics, it's just not technically capable of it.

What you wish for isn't possible, even with a 10 year lifespan and a million patches.

Maybe TDQ has never played a 60fps game and then a 30fps game. There's such a huge difference and the game would feel even more realistic. Too bad the playstation 3 can't do it.

Maybe TDQ has never played a 60fps game and then a 30fps game. There's such a huge difference and the game would feel even more realistic. Too bad the playstation 3 can't do it.

Back when Forza was released, it could only do 30FPS, while GT4 ran at 60FPS. Back then, some Xbox fanboys said that the human eye could not notice the difference between 30 and 60FPS, so it really would not matter.

I wonder then, who is right?

Did I even mention forza? Hell, I've never played forza. Why do you always bring up something that no one has even talked about to justify why you think you are correct?

Cos that's all they've got left.

Wow... such... umm.. interesting viewpoints. A software patch can fix it? Holy crap! Can you point me to that software patch so I can get my GeForce 2 to run Oblivion at 1600x1200? I must've missed it somewhere.

As for the "it doesn't matter because no one can tell", maybe you're right. But guess who put in everyone's mind that it should matter. SONY! Yes, Sony was the one that said that the PS3 would run everything at 1080p and 60fps and you shouldn't settle for less! Anything less isn't really HD now, is it? So now when the same company that said that it matters sooooooo much cannot actually fulfill it, well, they look kind of foolish. By their own admitance no one should buy the PS3 because it's not a true HD gaming console. Hopefully they'll tell us soon when the next generation starts since it's obviously not with the PS3.

Wow... such... umm.. interesting viewpoints. A software patch can fix it? Holy crap! Can you point me to that software patch so I can get my GeForce 2 to run Oblivion at 1600x1200? I must've missed it somewhere.

As for the "it doesn't matter because no one can tell", maybe you're right. But guess who put in everyone's mind that it should matter. SONY! Yes, Sony was the one that said that the PS3 would run everything at 1080p and 60fps and you shouldn't settle for less! Anything less isn't really HD now, is it? So now when the same company that said that it matters sooooooo much cannot actually fulfill it, well, they look kind of foolish. By their own admitance no one should buy the PS3 because it's not a true HD gaming console. Hopefully they'll tell us soon when the next generation starts since it's obviously not with the PS3.

Thread over.

KO!

QFT

<snip>

:devil: :laugh: :rofl: :p

post-1340-1168680025.jpg

Ironman273 you are the man! (Y)

I am sorry, but you must never heard of motion blur. With it, you would not need anymore than 30fps.

Back when Forza was released, it could only do 30FPS, while GT4 ran at 60FPS. Back then, some Xbox fanboys said that the human eye could not notice the difference between 30 and 60FPS, so it really would not matter.

In terms of video gaming and games without motion blur, yes you can easily notice the difference between 30, 60, even 120 fps.

Ask yourself this: why does it not lag when you watch a movie? They are only 24 or 29 fps. The answer is simple again: motion blur!

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see.htm

Edited by lol911

Did I even mention forza? Hell, I've never played forza. Why do you always bring up something that no one has even talked about to justify why you think you are correct?

Because its funny to see some fanboys yell the totally opposite of what they yelled before, because now it helps them.

Cos that's all they've got left.

Yep, 'cause thats all we've got left.

I am sorry, but you must never heard of motion blur. With it, you would not need anymore than 30fps.

Forza 2 will have motion blur AND be 60fps :o

Because its funny to see some fanboys yell the totally opposite of what they yelled before, because now it helps them.

Yep, 'cause thats all we've got left.

I've never yelled forza, look through all of my posts, and don't direct quote me and say that I did when I didn't, as I have never played the game.

Yes, that is all you seem to have....bringing in useless points that no one uses, but again....you want to talk about forza?

Forza 3 will have motion blur AND be 60FPS. :o :o :o :o Plus it will have force feedback on the wired/wireless 360 controllers AND the wired/wireless racing wheels.

NOTHING on the playstation 3 will have force feedback, or even rumble. OMGOZORS, what now sir <snipped>?

Edited by John S.

I've never yelled forza, look through all of my posts, and don't direct quote me and say that I did when I didn't, as I have never played the game.

Yes, that is all you seem to have....bringing in useless points that no one uses, but again....you want to talk about forza?

Forza 3 will have motion blur AND be 60FPS. :o :o :o :o Plus it will have force feedback on the wired/wireless 360 controllers AND the wired/wireless racing wheels.

NOTHING on the playstation 3 will have force feedback, or even rumble. OMGOZORS, what now sir <snipped>?

<snipped>

Motion blur and 60FPS, woo! Let me see what PS3 game already does that... mmm... lets see.. [edit]Ridge Racer[/edit]? That couldn't be right? Its a first gen PS3 game, it should be impossible, and the PS3 is not powerful enough to pull 60FPS AND the amazing Motion Blur... Oh please enlighten me.

And about the force feedback on the PS3, if you confine yourself on the PS3 controller, then yes, but if Logitech (or another company for that matter) launches a racing wheel and a developer supports it, nothing could stop it.

<snipped>

Edit: I didn't meant Motorstorm up in my argument, I meant Ridge Racer.

Edited by John S.

Motion Blur is something you would see using analogue connections running on interlaced signals.

Now, if you have HDMI, Progressive Scan and a HDTV which does like 100Hz and so on, and also with a screen resolution of 1280x720 and a TV screensize over anything above 28", you'll bloody notice the difference between 30fps and 60fps.

Go on games like Counter Strike, and force it to use 30fps.

Argument over.