Sony is lying too much to portray success

People don't care. SONY sucessfuly deliver entertainment and this what's people want and why Sony is still giant leader.

I don't wanna be offensive but nerdish fanboys opnion is nothing. Normal people just see, feel and buy. Take that, the world out there is far different from "I hate Sony" internet boards phenomena.

Our Mission and Core Values

And the most pirated software ever. People, don't care.

People don't care. SONY sucessfuly deliver entertainment and this what's people want and why Sony is still giant leader.

I don't wanna be offensive but nerdish fanboys opnion is nothing. Normal people just see, feel and buy. Take that, the world out there is far different from "I hate Sony" internet boards phenomena.

Yet you can still find many PS3s gathering dust in US retailers. Normal people are definitely seeing the PS3s, they're just not feeling or buying them. I agree, normal people don't scour internet boards and such, but they do read things like Time magazine that reports the PS3 is a dud.

Many MS games are $50. How much are Sony games? And no I don't mean that - I mean the cost of the system plus accessories plus games.

I'm a little lost as to what your point is. Is the Xbox free, and you only pay for Xbox Live? No, you pay for the system, THEN you pay more for the online service. With Nintendo and Sony, you don't pay more for the online service, so it's free.

Other than the downloadable web browser (which is a PREVIEW of something NOT FREE),

It will be final in March, and free to download until June or July, IIRC, but the people who get it before June or July do not have to pay. And even if they did, it still wouldn't approach what XBL costs, would it?

I can make the best point ever against Mr. mufdvr3669 on his this comment he made. :p

Fine, then give me DirectX 9.5 and SP3 before 2008. He said MS values it's customers before everything else, I'm a paying customer. I don't want to buy another $200 OS just for the games. I don't need other features of Vista. If MS truly valued it's customers then it would better support a current product such as Windows XP instead of forcing users to upgrade to Vista
While that is true, it would require development, Beta Testing, and not just Direct X 10, but also all the other technologies which it's based on, and you cannot do that without seriously changing the code of Windows XP to incorporate the new technologies.

But also, onto my defence against your comment. If you don't want to spend $200 getting a new Operating System, why spend $600 getting a new console? After all, why spend so much on something you can merely upgrade; Oh wait, you can't.

So the fact of the matter is. When new versions of Windows are developed, they are developed around the latest technology. And you cannot just upgrade a piece of software because,

1) It would require lots of testing, and which could take years to happen.

2) Defeat the purpose of releasing a new product with these changes in already.

Sacrifices have to be made unfortunately. Microsoft have been good to their customers over the recent years. Can you say something bad about their Gaming Division, can you? What have they done wrong? They've told us about products, updates and so on, and they've delivered, while Sony blatantly haven't.

I'm a little lost as to what your point is. Is the Xbox free, and you only pay for Xbox Live? No, you pay for the system, THEN you pay more for the online service. With Nintendo and Sony, you don't pay more for the online service, so it's free.

It will be final in March, and free to download until June or July, IIRC, but the people who get it before June or July do not have to pay. And even if they did, it still wouldn't approach what XBL costs, would it?

It costs Microsoft money to run the services. While Wii and Sony don't have a centralised system which Game Developers/Publishers have to spend their money (form the customers who purchased their games) to run their own servers. And if you have noticed, after a year or two, they just stop hosting or:

1) A seperate advertised gaming provider runs the servers

or

2) The games just die.

Nintendo and Sony offer a free online service...

I doesn't matter if its free. The point is quality of products and services. Also you don't think they offer free service because they are good people, do you? They offer free online service because later it will bring them benefits.

I doesn't matter if its free. The point is quality of products and services. Also you don't think they offer free service because they are good people, do you? They offer free online service because later it will bring them benefits.

Indeed.

Unfortunately, if you want a decent service these days, you have to pay for it.

You don't pay anything extra for Xbox Live Silver - which does everything that the Wii online system currently does an a whole lot more. I thought my point was pretty plain - it's not "free," it's included as a value-add to the package. If it were free, I wouldn't have to spend money to get it. But I do.

Once again, you're being pedantic. I said "most or all" of the content on the Shop Channel is not free. Just because one item is available for free as a limited time promotion does not make that statement incorrect. So what was your point, exactly?

If Microsoft valued me as a costumer, they would give me a bugless operating system from the start, at a much lower price, a music player that could beat all others, and a search engine that brings out relevant results.

No company values their costumer more than the other. All companies are in for money. The company that isn't is the company that doesn't exist.

If Microsoft valued me as a costumer, they would give me a bugless operating system from the start, at a much lower price, a music player that could beat all others, and a search engine that brings out relevant results.

No company values their costumer more than the other. All companies are in for money. The company that isn't is the company that doesn't exist.

Unfortunately if MS did all that, they'd be sued so fast by every company out there, and the US Government, and the EU government, they wouldn't know what hit them. You write 40 million lines of code with no bugs, please, then come back and complain.

If you people seriously believe a corporation can't value it's customers, and all you see is the stereotype, you need to get out more. I'm not saying MS isn't in it for the money, but they've shown time and again how they care, far more than Sony has.

-Spenser

Unfortunately if MS did all that, they'd be sued so fast by every company out there, and the US Government, and the EU government, they wouldn't know what hit them. You write 40 million lines of code with no bugs, please, then come back and complain.

-Spenser

When Windows is done by one person, I'll write you 40 million lines of code with no bugs.

When Windows is done by one person, I'll write you 40 million lines of code with no bugs.

Ok, but it's still beyond the point, and you know it - if MS did all that they wouldn't be allowed to exist as a company. It's a very unfortunate Catch-22 for them.

-Spenser

Dude, every company does this in one way or another.

Sure, Microsoft is great with the X360. Its a great console, great price for its value, great games, awesome online community. But when it comes to the OS and other software, they charge a lot for buggy software, implement these policies that just seem downright stupid, etc.

Sony does it too. Its now with the PS3. To many people, its a overpriced piece of crap, and a trojan for BluRay. But if you look at other products, they actually create great products at a great price and have a warranty like no other (buy a Bravia TV and you'll see, or go out and see one of the great movies produced by Sony Pictures).

Whoever thinks that a certain company is good and another company is completely bad, well... he/she either works for one of them and has to talk crap about the other one 'cause its the right thing to do, or he/she is either retarded.

Dude, every company does this in one way or another.

Sure, Microsoft is great with the X360. Its a great console, great price for its value, great games, awesome online community. But when it comes to the OS and other software, they charge a lot for buggy software, implement these policies that just seem downright stupid, etc.

I know this is straying from the topic - but no one can write bug-free software, not on the scale of Windows. It's not like we put bugs there intentionally or are incompetent. It's just impossible to conceive of every possible scenario in an environment like a PC, and at some point you just have to drive to the best level of quality and confidence that you can in a reasonable amount of time.

Sony does it too. Its now with the PS3. To many people, its a overpriced piece of crap, and a trojan for BluRay. But if you look at other products, they actually create great products at a great price and have a warranty like no other (buy a Bravia TV and you'll see, or go out and see one of the great movies produced by Sony Pictures).

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Sony's quality is beat, but you still pay more for the fact that it says "Sony" on it. Samsung has much better quality TVs for this year, which cost less, Sony notebooks and desktops are a joke when you compare them to an HP or Toshiba equivalent, and other products, such as car audio, aren't even worth mentioning.

Sony's gone downhill, and unfortunately people still believe they're worth the extra price that comes with their name. That's they only reason they still sell.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. Sony's quality is beat, but you still pay more for the fact that it says "Sony" on it. Samsung has much better quality TVs for this year, which cost less, Sony notebooks and desktops are a joke when you compare them to an HP or Toshiba equivalent, and other products, such as car audio, aren't even worth mentioning.

Sony's gone downhill, and unfortunately people still believe they're worth the extra price that comes with their name. That's they only reason they still sell.

Again, see a Bravia in action and you'll understand. Though anyways, SONY TV's are Samsung TV's in the end of the road.

I don't see why people complain about the cost of xbox live gold. It's 50 buks for an entire year. That's pretty damn good for everything you get.

For everything they offer they could have easily charged 50 a month. Then maybe I could understand people complaining about that. I think people forget there's also the xbox live silver that everyone gets for free. You're not forced into buying a gold account.

About the PS3. I honestly feel it turned into nothing but a way to push Blu-Ray into peoples faces.

I honestly feel it turned into nothing but a way to push Blu-Ray into peoples faces.

No no no! Think of all the extra space you have, and all the special features it makes possible! Like 'making of' videos, artwork, behind the scenes footage, trailers for other games you don't even care about, developer commentary which you'll never listen to, a free car, and more in-game and out-game explosions!

*Sarcasm may apply

MGS3-SS, writing bug free is damn well near in possible.

A lot of Windows "Crashes" are caused by, Drivers, Spyware, Viruses, other software and so on.

If and when a bug is found with the actual Product, Microsoft patch it.

Your argument is now irrelevant and completely pointless.

MGS3-SS, writing bug free is damn well near in possible.

A lot of Windows "Crashes" are caused by, Drivers, Spyware, Viruses, other software and so on.

If and when a bug is found with the actual Product, Microsoft patch it.

Your argument is now irrelevant and completely pointless.

You meant near impossible, and yes I know, as I'm a computer science student.

Its almost as near impossible to create a bug free console, or a fault free TV, etc.

You meant near impossible, and yes I know, as I'm a computer science student.

Its almost as near impossible to create a bug free console, or a fault free TV, etc.

Yeah, I did mean 'Near Impossible'. I'm tired.