Question for Current/Future PS3 Owners

I'm going to get a PS3 sometime at the end of the year hopefully, and I was wondering whether I should get a 1080p TV for it? My old TV blew up recently, so I'll be needing a new one anyway. So how many of you PS3 owners have a 1080p TV with your PS3, or how many future PS3 owners have 1080p TVs at the moment?

I have a 1080p tv. I mostly use my PS3 for Blu-Ray but it looks good I guess. I mean I don't really know what you want me to say. Will you see a big difference over 720p, no. So it's your call.

I have a TV that displays everything other than 1080p. 1080i and 720p look beautiful over HDMI with the Playstation 3.. so you shouldn't necessarily be hard pressed to get a TV that supports 1080p, but if you can afford it then why not? Some great games should be released by the time you pick up this console.. you'll have a nice library to choose from to put that display to good use! :yes:

I have a TV that displays everything other than 1080p. 1080i and 720p look beautiful over HDMI with the Playstation 3.. so you shouldn't necessarily be hard pressed to get a TV that supports 1080p, but if you can afford it then why not? Some great games should be released by the time you pick up this console.. you'll have a nice library to choose from to put that display to good use! :yes:

Same here, my 32" TV supports everything except 1080p and 1080i and 720p over HDMI looks great

On anything less than a 32" screen your not going to see the difference. The human eye can not detect the difference between 720 and 1080 on smaller screens, if your thinking above 32" its worth going for the 1080

I have a 720p Hdtv And Im very happy with what I get from my PS3,I couldnt ask for more...So its weather if you want to play on a bigger tv,mine is a 32inch. Also I use a Hdmi Cable to which is VERY better then the dam component cables muhahaha. :laugh:

Yeah, thanks for the replies. ;)

It's just that I've heard all the stuff about 1080p on PS3, and I thought that those types of TVs would be widely available and cheap since Sony boasts about PS3 supporting it in all, but they're REALLY expensive, and we can't really afford one. But I saw a cheap 1080i TV the other day; might go with that one.

Yeah, thanks for the replies. ;)

It's just that I've heard all the stuff about 1080p on PS3, and I thought that those types of TVs would be widely available and cheap since Sony boasts about PS3 supporting it in all, but they're REALLY expensive, and we can't really afford one. But I saw a cheap 1080i TV the other day; might go with that one.

Excellent choice. Don't let anybody talk you out of this setup. You will not be disappointed. Give Resistance a go too.. and even pop in the GTHD demo for the sake of proving a game can still look great in anything less than 1080p.

i have a 22" HDtv and i think it looks great, i have a pretty small room so 22" was all i cud fit lol but it looks sweet and it automatically switches between 720p, 1080p etc...depending on what game it is! Well worth the ?300:))

Unless I win the lottery, I'm gonna be sticking with my 28" 480i set in my room. Of course, there might be a sudden drop in the price of 1080p TVs in which case I'll going with that.

Hey, should I get an LCD TV or a Plasma? I'll be using the TV for gaming occasionally, and I heard that that can screw up a Plasma... they didn't say anything to prove it, so I'm not sure. :p

Bought my hdtv a couple of years ago, so the only resolutions it supports are 1080i, 480i/p.

Needless to say, I'm going to have to upgrade soon and when I do, I'd get a set that supports full 1080p.

LCD TV. Get a Samsung, they're worth every penny.

What a coincidence. :D

Yesterday I went looking for that 1080i TV, but it was more expensive than I thought and then we saw a couple of Samsungs which looked good and were at an alright price.

But which one should I get, the one with or without the integrated HD tuner?

You will only notice a difference between 720/p and 1080p if the tv is above xx inches. I forgot which though lol I think it was like 46in? I could be wrong though. If iam wrong someone please correct me because I would like to know too.

I'm going to get a PS3 sometime at the end of the year hopefully, and I was wondering whether I should get a 1080p TV for it? My old TV blew up recently, so I'll be needing a new one anyway. So how many of you PS3 owners have a 1080p TV with your PS3, or how many future PS3 owners have 1080p TVs at the moment?

If you don't have HD of atleast 1080 i don't bother getting a next gen console (IMO). Get a Wii instead.

If you don't have HD of atleast 1080 i don't bother getting a next gen console (IMO). Get a Wii instead.

Most televisions anymore carry this resolution.. so it shouldn't really be too much of an issue when he snags up a LCD. Get one with HDMI also.. makes the PS3 sharp :D

What a coincidence. :D

Yesterday I went looking for that 1080i TV, but it was more expensive than I thought and then we saw a couple of Samsungs which looked good and were at an alright price.

But which one should I get, the one with or without the integrated HD tuner?

The one with the integrated HD Tuner.

I am going to get a 1080p TV for my PS3 (I dont have the money just yet) mainly because I dont want to have to buy another TV for a while. Right now I Am thinking I will probably get this, it can be found cheaper elsewhere. It has a really nice response time 2.5ms :).

I am going to get a 1080p TV for my PS3 (I dont have the money just yet) mainly because I dont want to have to buy another TV for a while. Right now I Am thinking I will probably get this, it can be found cheaper elsewhere. It has a really nice response time 2.5ms :).

Nice choice! My Grand Wega plays the PS3 over HDMI amazingly well.. shouldn't be disappointed!

Already got a Wii. :D

Still thinking whether I should go for 37" or 40+"...

This TV will be for the living room where I will watch TV and play games, but I don't use the TV that often; I'm on the computer mostly during the week.

I say just go for the 1080. I am currently playing my PS3 on my 19" widescreen Samsung monitor since my TV sucks and is about to die any day now. It does look pretty damn good on my monitor though, I think it displays at 720. I just recently filed my tax return and plan on getting a 40" Samsung in a few weeks. Can't wait. =)

That's a pretty stupid statement (IMO). I played my 360 for 7 months on an SDTV before I got a VGA cable so I could play on my monitor, but I still had as much fun as anyone with an HD set in those 7 months.

-Spenser