GT HD Version 1.1

I got this email earlier, apparently theres a new version of GT HD out :s lol i'll download it when i get home, at manchester atm...

Our records indicate that you downloaded Gran Turismo HD Concept from the PLAYSTATION®Store. Version 1.1 is now available for download, which refines the gameplay experience in Time Trial mode and the accuracy of lap times within the online rankings. Since online ranking results recorded by version 1.1 players will be given priority, it is highly recommended that you download and install it if you are playing the earlier version. Please note that version 1.1 is compatible with existing game save data, allowing you to race your previously unlocked cars. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and hope you enjoy Gran Turismo HD Concept. Sincerely, The PlayStation Underground

sorry but that is retarded. I know this might be flaming but come on! You have to redownload it and then reinstall it as well? Just for bug fixes? Why couldn't they just release an update like every 360 game that has bugs?

There's no point Meshuggah, any valid point in this forum will constitute as fanboyism, and they'll come along and explain how this is 'feature' is actually a 'benefit'.

How big is the download?

sorry but that is retarded. I know this might be flaming but come on! You have to redownload it and then reinstall it as well? Just for bug fixes? Why couldn't they just release an update like every 360 game that has bugs?

Jeeez oh its what like 600-700mb?

I doubt anyone but yourself cares about having to redownload.

Full download again.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure. I will download it tonight

It is not the end of the world...I promise. Guess they did not want to release a patch for a Demo.

Just flow with the world. At least it was updated. And its free, its not like you had to pay $60 for it.

You take everything too personal.

It is not the end of the world...I promise. Guess they did not want to release a patch for a Demo.

yes MS does update demos on their 360's

Just flow with the world. At least it was updated. And its free, its not like you had to pay $60 for it.

You take everything too personal.

MS free demo's get updated. PS3....you have to download and install everytime. :/

@ Meshuggah: really man If you don't have PS3 why even post? You are not the one that is going to download the update and for the love of god is only 600 mb

I didn't realize owning a PS3 was a pre-requisite for critiquing a companies method of issuing updates. Even in PC gaming, you don't redownload the full game just to receive a patched version, you simply download the patch and boom...you are ready to go.

As far as I knew, you don't have a PS3 either. What if in Puerto Rico that "small 600mb" download takes hours to download? Sometimes, even xbox live is very slow, so just because you think the filesize is small, does not mean the download will go quickly.

If you are that bothered by my posts, please use the ignore feature or report my posts to a moderator.

I didn't realize owning a PS3 was a pre-requisite for critiquing a companies method of issuing updates. Even in PC gaming, you don't redownload the full game just to receive a patched version, you simply download the patch and boom...you are ready to go.

As far as I knew, you don't have a PS3 either. What if in Puerto Rico that "small 600mb" download takes hours to download? Sometimes, even xbox live is very slow, so just because you think the filesize is small, does not mean the download will go quickly.

If you are that bothered by my posts, please use the ignore feature or report my posts to a moderator.

Its just that you make such a big deal of everything coming out from Sony, its like you're being paid for it. Sure for PC games you don't have to download the entire game, but the updates ain't "small" either.

What Kol meant is that since you will not go through the "hassle" that is downloading 600mb, why even complain about it?

And yes, he's got a PS3.

"only" 600Mb? Lets get real people, 600Mb is a lot, even for fast connections. That's over an hour of solid downloading for me, Just because you're on a stupidly fast connection doesn't change the fact that an entire redownload is absurd when this is clearly a simple bugfix release. Why do you need to redownload all of the textures, cars and so on? Those are the bulk of the game, so there's no excuse for it. If they had added a lot of content and updated a lot of the existing content, maybe you could get away with it, but not for a few bug fixes.

I can complain about anything I like. Notice this ENTIRE forum is filled with over 75% of negative threads/posts. Whether is about Sony, Microsoft, Apple, TV, Government or their own personal lives or even the world, all there is on neowin is negativity.

Regardless of whether I own the console or not, at least I have played it and can say I personally didn't enjoy it, nor did it bring anything refreshing to me when I played it. All I did the entire time was compare to a cheaper/better console that has a better overall experience. My brother owns one, you should hear our conversations. If you have a problem with my comments, again, I stand by comment of "ignore me." I have users who opinions bother me and I have them on ignore for that very reason.

As long as the PS3 is doing things ass-backwards, I will comment about it. Whether or not a future patch will come out is another thing, but as it currently stands, their whole online method is the worst of the 3 gaming companies. No I do not get paid to post/talk negative about Sony, but I do enjoy critiquing them, even if they don't even see it. I hope that some of my posts, whether annoying to some, will make others realize that this system is not only NOT worth the money that is being charged, but that there is a system that is equal to, if not better than the playstation 3, for cheaper.

If you have a problem with this post, report it, or ignore me,

I can complain about anything I like. Notice this ENTIRE forum is filled with over 75% of negative threads/posts. Whether is about Sony, Microsoft, Apple, TV, Government or their own personal lives or even the world, all there is on neowin is negativity.

Regardless of whether I own the console or not, at least I have played it and can say I personally didn't enjoy it, nor did it bring anything refreshing to me when I played it. All I did the entire time was compare to a cheaper/better console that has a better overall experience. My brother owns one, you should hear our conversations. If you have a problem with my comments, again, I stand by comment of "ignore me." I have users who opinions bother me and I have them on ignore for that very reason.

As long as the PS3 is doing things ass-backwards, I will comment about it. Whether or not a future patch will come out is another thing, but as it currently stands, their whole online method is the worst of the 3 gaming companies. No I do not get paid to post/talk negative about Sony, but I do enjoy critiquing them, even if they don't even see it. I hope that some of my posts, whether annoying to some, will make others realize that this system is not only NOT worth the money that is being charged, but that there is a system that is equal to, if not better than the playstation 3, for cheaper.

If you have a problem with this post, report it, or ignore me,

And that just further proves what I thought about you from the beginning.

I don't have a problem with your posts, I find them entertaining and each time you reach a new level I previously thought unreachable.

And that just further proves what I thought about you from the beginning.

I don't have a problem with your posts, I find them entertaining and each time you reach a new level I previously thought unreachable.

:sleep: am I level 60 yet?

I think we're missing the point. I think that this has nothing to do with the PS3 platform as such as opposed to Polyphony Digital's method. Like Meshuggah said, we won't know until the next demo gets patched/replaced.

Besides, it's not a necessary patch, it's to do with online rankings and the way you could get a stupidly low time due to a glitch in the tunnel.