Ninja Gaiden Sigma is 35% complete

1up recently chatted with Team Ninja's director for Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Yohsuke Hayashi to talk about the game's current state of development, the depth of the characters, and Rachel's "explicit femininity."

Here are some of the details that Hayashi divulged during the interview:

* As this post's title says, the game is currently at 35%, and Hayashi says that they're at the point where they "can run through all the stages back to back in the game."

* They've improved the usability of the projectile weapons and now, you can also use the bow and arrow while jumping in the air

* On the Rachel-Ryu drama: Having Rachel as a playable character is something that the fans have looked forward to but Hayashi says that Ryu Hayabusa will still be the "super-ninja." Hayashi also says that "Rachel is a supporting character... she's not going to replace him as a main character."

* Ninja Dog Mode will still be in the game.

* While Team Ninja is pushing to make the most out of the PS3 graphics-wise, they have decided that it will only support 720p because that is the optimal resolution to get the best graphics in the game.

* Team Ninja is using the multi-mapping technique to render the visuals. (Basically, this just means more realistic graphics for us; from clothing texture to the veins and eyeballs and whatnots. Visual realism thanks to multi-mapping.)

* Rachel will also don multiple weapons and she'll be able to level them up like Ryu's.

* Multiplayer support: Hayashi doesn't confirm this but he says not to rule out the possibility because there IS a Team Ninja group that's currently "exploring" multiplayer ideas. (*crosses fingers*)

* On Rachel's "explicit femininity" - never underestimate a woman's hairstyle and earrings. More than being visual treats, Rachel's earrings will also be able to give her different special abilities. (Much like Ryu's armlets.) Also, Team Ninja is making sure that every move Rachel makes will show that she is a woman.

The interview tackles a whole lot more topics and gives tons more information about the game. If you wanna know about Yohsuke Hayashi's plans for marriage, hey, you can also find it there. All you have to do is click on the read link below to check out the four-page interview at 1up. Meanwhile, have an ogle-fest at these new screens we have for you. Enjoy!

Source: http://ps3.qj.net/Ninja-Gaiden-Sigma-is-35...pg/49/aid/79172

Interview: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.of...amp;cId=3156377

Awesome. :) I can't wait for this game :D

* While Team Ninja is pushing to make the most out of the PS3 graphics-wise, they have decided that it will only support 720p because that is the optimal resolution to get the best graphics in the game.

o.O

You'll find quite a lot of devs are saying that about the PS3-the optimal resolution for them to get great performance out of PS3 games is 720p.

You'll find quite a lot of devs are saying that about the PS3-the optimal resolution for them to get great performance out of PS3 games is 720p.

So much for 1080p@120fps/60fps then? :s

damn it! :( i wanted 1080p, i thought that's what sony was doing?

damn it! :( i wanted 1080p, i thought that's what sony was doing?

I think we've learned to always expect half of Sony promised us. :\

(Not having a flame there, just stating fact.)

Nah, I was referring to Sony as a whole, re-read the quote me and SeMz done.

Yeah but since Sigma itself was never stated as 1080p, I see no point bringing that old argument into each new PS3 game thread.

On topic, game is looking good. I wonder if 360 will get a port of it before NG2 is out.

Oh wow, awesomenes. I've played trough all the NG games so far. Starting from the old NES ages with Ninja Gaiden.

I always enjoyed this series and having really high hopes for this game. Hope they make it as hard as NGB was. :)

Don't want it to be another run trough game.

On topic, game is looking good. I wonder if 360 will get a port of it before NG2 is out.

If this is basically NG++, I doubt it.

Kinda like Tomb Raider 10th Anniversary. Some new stuff, but basically the same game on a more powerful machine.