Internet Explorer 8.0 Alpha

Found this artical at SoftPedia.. Interesting to see what they have in store this time..

You may get to have a look at the future of the Internet Explorer browser sooner than you might think. Although Microsoft is currently lagging behind Mozilla that has introduced Firefox 3.0 Gran Paradiso since early December 2006, third party sources confirm that the next version of Internet Explorer is already cooking in the Redmond labs.

Source: Internet Explorer 8.0 Alpha Softpedia

we are all doomed! maybe it will render CSS properly, but they did say IE7 would but this is Microsoft we are talking about

MS cannot just make a standard compliant browser in one version, it would cause way too many problems on the web. The change must be gradual.

As much as I like Firefox, if IE could get inline spell check (either via addon or from the core code) I'd consider switching back full time. I didn't like IE7 at first but it has grown on me.

The firefox thing she keeps comparing IE8 too is wrong....opera, maxaton, etc has all of those too. But yes...when do we ever hear of a browser on the internet that is not called Firefox?

MS cannot just make a standard compliant browser in one version, it would cause way too many problems on the web. The change must be gradual.

ye but if they kept ie6 up to date they could of saved themselves time and money

When those browsers actually give Microsoft a run for their money, then they'll get coverage. However to do that they'll need coverage.

Catch 22 ;)

This is good. Its great to see that competition in the marketplace is forcing MS to constantly upgrade IE rather than leave it dead for nearly 5 years like they did with IE6.

Download manager would be sweet, considering really early Longhorn builds had it, the UI needs a bit of work since its pretty terrible in IE7 tho its grown on me. I do like the spell check features in FF2.0 so hopefully they will add that(Maybe only if Office is installed)

Can't really think of anything else I'd like :p They need to surprise us and keep firefox/opera on there toe's

Competition FTW

I think IE7 is a huge improvement over previous versions, but as much as I've tried to make myself use IE7, I always end up going back to Firefox 2.0. Maybe IE8 will pull me back permanently, but Firefox 3 is going to have to suck probably.

Nice to see the IE team isn't sitting on their hands though. Keep up the good work Microsoft (Y)

As much as I like Firefox, if IE could get inline spell check (either via addon or from the core code) I'd consider switching back full time. I didn't like IE7 at first but it has grown on me.

Not exactly inline but much better than nothing ;)

IESpell

More here : My fav is find as you type :D

For those wondering who will test and give feedback for IE8, users who tested Vista and currently Server will have access to this. Invites will be sent out if you opted out of the server beta, as well to be in SP1 for Vista. Following that, a public beta will be launch. And yes, there will be a IE 7.1... This summer is looking bright ;)

hopefully they can fix that memory leak that is in ie7. that is basically the only thing keeping me from using ie7. with multiple programs open like limewire or something, its a pain because after a while ie7 begins to use a lot and it lags all the other programs.