Internet Explorer 8.0 Alpha

As much as I like Firefox, if IE could get inline spell check (either via addon or from the core code) I'd consider switching back full time. I didn't like IE7 at first but it has grown on me.

Same here, man.

I think IE7 is a huge improvement over previous versions, but as much as I've tried to make myself use IE7, I always end up going back to Firefox 2.0. Maybe IE8 will pull me back permanently, but Firefox 3 is going to have to suck probably.

Nice to see the IE team isn't sitting on their hands though. Keep up the good work Microsoft (Y)

My thoughts exactly!

I would like to use IE7 full time but I just can't customize it enough.

Ya know, in retrospect, as much as I hate FireFox and all the fanboys, FireFox has actually been a boon to the internet community.

It basically made MS developers get up off their asses and see that there is another team of developers who are willing to continuously upgrade and develop a product. If that is what it takes to make the IE team of developers to continuously develop IE and push out new versions on a respectable timetable then I am all for it.

You know, I would not be surprised if Outlook 2008 and IE8 is released at the same time, and IE8 now has switched to Word-rendering. :rofl:

On a more serious note, I don't think the average user can care less. They upgraded to IE7 and they will upgrade to IE8. Because Microsoft is forcing them to and because they are average joes, this is the only reason Microsoft owns 80% of the browser market.

From a web developers perspective it is different. IE6, IE7, and pretty much all revisions of IE that I can remember are completely ****. You just cannot get Microsoft to program a compliant browser that follows CSS-standards properly. Shame on you Microsoft.

Only reason I still have IE is because I want those 80% of average joes to be able to view my website properly.