The PS3 Games of Winter 2007

The PS3 Games of Winter 2007

It may be cold outside, but your PS3 is warming up.

by IGN PlayStation Team

January 16, 2007 - With the holiday season officially over, it's time to look ahead and see what else winter has in store for gamers across the country. Things tend to start slow, of course, but the PS3 will nevertheless see its share of quality titles. Take Virtua Tennis 3 and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, for instance. Both these games have the capacity to keep a gamer indoors for weeks -- the latter for months. Virtua Fighter 5 will also ship in early 2007. And then there's MotorStorm, a game that promises a unique and visceral twist to the racing genre. Apart from the collection of games, gamers will have to wait and see what Sony does in terms of PSP to PS3 connectivity, as well as what features it plans to add through firmware updates. Either way, it's an exciting time.

Armored Core 4

Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War

College Hoops 2K7

Def Jam: Icon

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Fatal Inertia

F.E.A.R.

Formula One Championship Edition

MotorStorm

NBA Street Homecourt

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas

Virtua Fighter 5

Virtua Tennis 3

Other PS3 Games Worth Noting this Winter

Calling All Cars

Developer: SCE Santa Monica | Publisher: SCEA

Genre: Action | Release Date: Q1 2007

Coded Arms Assault

Developer: Konami | Publisher: Konami

Genre: Shooting | Release Date: March 2007

flOw

Developer: Thatgamcompany | Publisher: SCEA

Genre: Action | Release Date: Q1 2007

The Godfather: The Don's Edition

Developer: EA Redwood Shores | Publisher: EA

Genre: Action | Release Date: March 2007

Major League Baseball 2K7

Developer: Kush Games | Publisher: 2K Sports

Genre: Sports | Release Date: March 2007

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal | Publisher: Ubisoft

Genre: Shooting | Release Date: March 2007

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal | Publisher: Ubisoft

Genre: Action | Release Date: March 2007

Source: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/755/755571p1.html

To see more info about the games check out the source. :)

i think i'll get these ones

Def Jam: Icon

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent

And also maybe MotorStorm if they dont release an update so i can play the JPN version online :)

I do not know what I was thinking, but I was on Step 3 of 3 on the Circuit City website and almost purchased a 60GB model.

Well actually I do know what I was thinking, I just got my EGM latest issue and it is a showcase of games coming out during 2007, and there are quite a few on the PS3 I would like to play.

They were in-stock, it was added to my cart and I typed in all of my infom but I just could not bring myself to enter my credit card information and complete the order.

post-34384-1169094564_thumb.jpg

I think the facts that I am currently unemployed and that my fiance would kick me out of the apartment probably played a huge factor in me not getting one. :laugh: I also have been taking cold medicine all day and just took some night time stuff about two hours ago so I am not fully clear, but I was super, super, super close to picking one up. :wacko:

At the end of the day, I just could not justify paying $647 to play Resistance, which is the only game I want right now for the system.

I do think though since I went that far tonight and came so close, that a system is in my near future. I just have to make a fake email claiming I won one in a contest. :rofl:

I do not know what I was thinking, but I was on Step 3 of 3 on the Circuit City website and almost purchased a 60GB model.

Well actually I do know what I was thinking, I just got my EGM latest issue and it is a showcase of games coming out during 2007, and there are quite a few on the PS3 I would like to play.

They were in-stock, it was added to my cart and I typed in all of my infom but I just could not bring myself to enter my credit card information and complete the order.

I think the facts that I am currently unemployed and that my fiance would kick me out of the apartment probably played a huge factor in me not getting one. :laugh: I also have been taking cold medicine all day and just took some night time stuff about two hours ago so I am not fully clear, but I was super, super, super close to picking one up. :wacko:

At the end of the day, I just could not justify paying $647 to play Resistance, which is the only game I want right now for the system.

I do think though since I went that far tonight and came so close, that a system is in my near future. I just have to make a fake email claiming I won one in a contest. :rofl:

I actually bought an apple G5 over a year ago (which I sold a few months later because of the chirping/screeching) under similar conditions. I was walking by my student store after turning in a couple of essays that kept me up the whole night before, and looking at 8 hours of work that day and a mid-term the next I somehow decided it would be a good idea to spend 2000 dollars. Usually lack of sleep and stress make buying things seem like a good idea to me. So this is a common problem too me, lol.

If we are reading the same EGM (2007: The Best Year Ever) I saw 2 or 3 titles that looked nice. Everything else was multiplatform, so honestly you made the right decision. With all the games coming out soon, I don't possible see how with a fiance, a full time job and an xbox 360 how you could even have any reasonable amount of time to play 2 consoles.

Weren't you going to buy a Wii as well? There are so many amazing multiplatform/exclusive games coming out that should give you plenty of gaming time.

If we are reading the same EGM (2007: The Best Year Ever) I saw 2 or 3 titles that looked nice. Everything else was multiplatform, so honestly you made the right decision. With all the games coming out soon, I don't possible see how with a fiance, a full time job and an xbox 360 how you could even have any reasonable amount of time to play 2 consoles.

Weren't you going to buy a Wii as well? There are so many amazing multiplatform/exclusive games coming out that should give you plenty of gaming time.

Yeah I was going to buy a Wii as well. :rofl:

Truth be told I am just addicted to playing games, I would never watch TV again if it were up to me. I luckily have a fiance who is cool enough to almost always let me play at some point every night. Still though, you are 110% right, one console is more than enough. I am glad I did not make the decision to buy either of the other consoles honestly. I just love gaming so there is that part of me that wants them all (and I do believe if the Wii drops in price I will get it), but the 360 should do me just damn fine with all of the multi-platform games being released, never-mind some of the exclusives coming up.

Thanks for talking some sense into me. Sometimes one post makes the world of difference. (Y)

Should of gotten the PS3 lol Resistance is awesome :) Resistance online = more awesome lol :yes: We could have been fragging some Chimera :D I have a PS3,360,DS and PSP and I find time to play all them lol Just got to spend time on each one ;) :p

You are much younger than Dirty Larry though, as am I. As a big gamer myself, I honestly do want all 3 platforms, however, If I buy all 3 consoles, I will never have enough money to buy a reasonable amount of games. As long as I keep on one platform, my job can easily maintain the....addiction...heh.

I'm currently working a job that is usually Overtime, plus going to college full time, and honestly, I'm so drained after work/homework I don't even turn on my xbox 360. I wish I had the drive to play more games, but there is sadly just not enough time in this measily 24 hours we call a day.. Again, I'm glad you didn't do it, as I'm sure your fiance would eventually kill you, for lack of "special time" together. Even if it was playing video games together, heh. To me, it's just not the same, although I have dated ladies that are avid gamers, I would much rather spend time with them doing other things.

There will be many games that I think will make our jaws drop and we will say "damn, I want a ps3," but in the end it's about having enough time to play them all, and sadly, it is impossible. That being said, again, the 360 will definatly give you plenty of games that will hopefully keep you occupied. :D

My wife bought me a PSP and a 360 for christmas. I told her she was spending too much and to take the 360 back. Last Friday we were walking around in Target and we saw they had 60GB PS3s (two) in stock. She was like oh I want it. For some reason I was feeling froggy and said okay. Go figure I would have been better off keeping the 360 and saved myself $200 in the long run.

My wife bought me a PSP and a 360 for christmas. I told her she was spending too much and to take the 360 back. Last Friday we were walking around in Target and we saw they had 60GB PS3s (two) in stock. She was like oh I want it. For some reason I was feeling froggy and said okay. Go figure I would have been better off keeping the 360 and saved myself $200 in the long run.

Around March, you will enjoy your purchase, as there will be some cool things coming from sony to extend your PSP wireless with your PS3. In the end, you will enjoy it more I believe than the 360.

Around March, you will enjoy your purchase, as there will be some cool things coming from sony to extend your PSP wireless with your PS3. In the end, you will enjoy it more I believe than the 360.

I don't regret my decision and I agree down the line the advantage will be bigger (with my PSP and PS3), but I'll probably end up getting a 360 when version 2 comes out anyway.

Virtua Fighter 5 is really the only one that interests me. The rest are already or will be available on the 360. Still no games at all that would even remotely make me want a PS3, especially at that price. We'll see when FF13 comes out...