PS3 VGA Connection

You can use a HDMI to DVI cable, but your monitor MUST support HDCP or else you won't get a picture. The best place to get one of those cables for a great price is monoprice.com. Don't buy the Monster cables, they're a waste of money. I'm using HDMI to DVI on my Dell 2007WFP monitor and it looks great.

The New X2VGA2 2.0 fully support 1080p is available now!

The X2VGA 2 High Definition VGA Transcoder by Neoya is designed to work with any gaming console or video device that has a standard component video output, such as the Playstation 3, Playstation 2, Wii, GameCube, Xbox 360, and Xbox, etc. With the X2VGA 2TM and a standard VGA monitor, users can play their favorite games at 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p resolutions - over double that of a standard TV! The X2VGA 2TM makes games come alive, delivering the sharpest, most realistic visuals available. Furthermore, the exceptional 480i EasyViewTM and Input AutoSelect features provided by the X2VGA 2TM make it easy for users to fully enjoy the mind-blowing audio and visual effects.

http://www.x2vga.com/

Haven't tried it out myself yet, but 59.99 is a tad pricey. However, this may hold me over until I can buy an lcd tv.

I like the X2VGA but one thing about it though, what's gives with the audio component cables going in non coming out.

Theres no such thing as audio component cables. All three of the component cables are the video.

Well, it's just a display adapter. A monitor doesn't need sound to work. You would probably have to use your computer speakers for sound.

sorry to dig up a oldish topic just have a question relating to use of HDMI to DVI... doesn't HDMI run audio through cable aswell so how to get audio from HDMI to DVI connector ?

This makes me want to return my 360 VGA cables.

Trust me, you don't. As great as a converter box can be, it's not better then a true VGA signal.

A box like that has to convert the signal from something like Component to RGB, and that isn't necessary with the 360.

sorry to dig up a oldish topic just have a question relating to use of HDMI to DVI... doesn't HDMI run audio through cable aswell so how to get audio from HDMI to DVI connector ?

Interesting point. I don't think I've seen any such cables that seperate the video from the audio on the DVI side. Anybody that can point this out?

Interesting point. I don't think I've seen any such cables that seperate the video from the audio on the DVI side. Anybody that can point this out?

As far as I know you can get certain HDMI to DVI cables that include an optical port (to maintain the digital audio), or one that includes a conversion to analog (Red, White/Etc). But it's expensive. I can't say for sure of course, I'm no expert in audio.

As far as I know you can get certain HDMI to DVI cables that include an optical port (to maintain the digital audio), or one that includes a conversion to analog (Red, White/Etc). But it's expensive. I can't say for sure of course, I'm no expert in audio.

So on the cable's opposite end of the HDMI it splits into two connections.. optical audio and DVI? Have a link to a retailer that supplies these? Want to take a look at the prices. I can imagine they are pretty expensive as you said.

So on the cable's opposite end of the HDMI it splits into two connections.. optical audio and DVI? Have a link to a retailer that supplies these? Want to take a look at the prices. I can imagine they are pretty expensive as you said.

http://www.lenexpo-electronics.com/product...productid=16579

Here's one, although it isn't a cable. And it's definitely expensive. Although from the specs this might be the high-end of converters. There might be a cheaper alternative.