Is .mac Worth $100?

is .mac worth subscribing?

and can you signup thru apple reseller by paying cash or you must signup online by credit card?

If you've not got other webspace id say yeah. I've had my itools account now for a year and half and upgraded it to a .mac account and in the entire time that I've had it I haven't gotten a single spam email. We actually got 2 .mac accounts and 2 additional emails back when it was only ?30 to sign up and its good value so far.

IF you are buying from an apple store or reseller i think you can just pay cash.

i really liked iTools and used it often (including the email) when it was free. I thought it was a very good service. However, since Att (my ISP) provides me with webspace and an email address for free, i have chosen not to buy the .mac account.

I would check to see if your ISP (cable or dsl) gives you free webspace, many do (at least from what i have seen) but lots don't really tell you about it unless you ask :D

I don't think it's worth that. I paid ?30 for mine cause I already had an iDisk, but once that runs out next year, I won't be paying ?60, especially now I'm on a PC where half the benifits of .Mac have just disappeared.

I don't think it's worth that. I paid ?30 for mine cause I already had an iDisk, but once that runs out next year, I won't be paying ?60, especially now I'm on a PC where half the benifits of .Mac have just disappeared.

have u got rid of ur mac then ?..

have u got rid of ur mac then ?..

Yeah, just over a month ago.

Yeah I'd say $50 is worth it. I had just switched my email account over to .mac when it was free, and seeing as how that is such a pain in the ass, I wasn't about to switch again a couple months later. But being on a pc makes it hard now. Like Dazzla said, most of the benefits are gone. But not having to change email addresses is nice too. I'll eventually get an ibook, so it will be more worth it then. As far as getting it next year when it's $100? I dunno, that's pretty steep. Hopefully Apple will have an email-only account then.