Latest PS3 Firmware Hits, Fixes BC Graphical Issues

Fair enough, maybe they will offer upscaling once the emulation update is finished.

Keep in mind it doesn't really scale PS3 games either at the moment.

This is a great update, finally shutup everyone complaining. Although I don't know many of you who will be playing PS2/PS1 games on your PS3. Maybe occasionally, but I'd rather play the new games myself.

Good, the only game I'm playing on my PS3 right now is FFXII thanks to the dearth of PS3 games. February and March will fix that but until then this fix makes me happy, makes FFXII a tad better :)

Ditto. The only 2 games I've been playing are FF12 and RE:4. But this is good news! :D

They are still working on the emulation. Once the system is ready, they will stop manufacturing PS3s with the PS2 chip on board and switch over to full emulation. This should be provided to current PS3 owners with a firmware update.

Any actual proof of this, or is it just wishful thinking for PS3 owners ?

Any actual proof of this, or is it just wishful thinking for PS3 owners ?

Its what sony has been saying for a while now, but most people doubt it can be done.

But who knows?

I personally think it will be better to release a PS3 with NO PS2 compatibility, and just lower the damn price. :yes:

We all have PS2s already anyways. :laugh:

Don't mind the backward compatibility at all whether it's "built-in" or not. Good to see the issue is being fixed. Many of us have large amounts of PS2 games laying around that we still want to hang on to.