Rumor: BioWare Working on PS3

Microsoft's kept an unusually tight lid on RPG developer BioWare, keeping many of their recent creations exclusive to the Xbox and PC, platforms they have complete dominion over. That might not be the case moving forward, however, as rumblings are suggesting they're looking towards PlayStation 3 development. Ports? Original IP? Multi-platform MMO? Could be anything, really.

Last night, Shacknews cited anonymous reader reports (er, why do readers have to be anonymous, anyway?) from the latest Video Games Live show in Edmonton, Canada, where fans spoke with BioWare co-CEO Dr. Ray Muzyka, who reportedly confirmed to several individuals the studio was actively developing on PlayStation 3.

The official word from BioWare:

"We haven't officially announced support for the PS3, but stay tuned..."

It's officially unofficial: BioWare is on board for PS3.

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156670

Sweet :)

Sweet, take that 360, we jacked one of your exclusives...hopefully.

8:1 ratio.. I can live with that... :rofl:

(number is random and is purely in acordance to Section 32 of Standards of Sony Laughism)

It'll be a new IP given that all the currently announced games from Bioware are published by MS IIRC.

Bioware? Oh, they've only done a couple so-so games and such...

Edit: Do'h! Teaches me to leave a reply window open while I go talk in the other room...

post-2250-1169765265.jpg

Mass Effect is being published by Microsoft, so don't expect that any time soon, PS3 owners. You might get some new IP ports though. :p

Wow I hope most of you dissing BioWare are being sarcastic. They are one of the best development studios imho. They don't release large amounts of games, because they take their time making a title as great as it can possibly be.

How easily people forget one of the best xbox titles: Kotor.

How easily people forget one of the best xbox titles: Kotor.

I had KOTOR but I honestly didn't find it enjoyable. :pinch:

It's a well-made game, but it just didn't appeal to me.

I wonder if they're working on a new IP or porting an existing game to the PS3.

8:1 ratio.. I can live with that... :rofl:

(number is random and is purely in acordance to Section 32 of Standards of Sony Laughism)

im sure that ratio isnt far off.

Never heard of BioWare.

X360 can keep it :p

dont say that. the ps3 needs all the games it can get. maybe futureshop staff wont hound me to clean the dust off a ps3 box and buy one if they actually can sell the damn things.

The PS3 had a rough intro but its fighting it out. This year some good titles will be unleashed for the PS3. Although I don't like Sony as a company, I want to see what their machine can do.

I'm the waiter, I haven't bought any new consoles yet and within 3 years I'll buy 1 of 3.

omg sweet mother of god the only reason why I was going to buy the 360 was for this game but if it came to the PS3 then Im not going to get off my Ps3 when this comes...dam thats a big IF tho ,I hope it does come out who knows for now tho muaahhaa :devil: