Vb6 In Linux

I'm currently a win2k user and use VB6 a lot for my computing course. I'm basically tired of windows, i've used it for years and have seen the light that is linux. However, I would need to know I could run VB6, office xp etc under WINE before making the switch, also kazaa lite wouldnt be bad :) so If anyone knows please reply :D

Thanks in advance

I have seen screenshots of Office running under WINE (not sure if Office XP will work though). VB6 *most likely* will not work, but you can always try.

If you really want to use linux and windows apps, try getting vmware or something of the sort.

Here is a smiple answer: stick to Windows if you can't live without more than three things. Serious, you need to stick with Windows if you are using VB6 a lot for your computer course.

Forget VB 6. I want to get the .Net emulated into Linux! :D I know quite a bit about VB 6 that I can transfer to .Net without troubles. I even programmed some examples already! I'll give VMWare a consideration once I can get the sound and network to work.

Here is a smiple answer: stick to Windows if you can't live without more than three things. Serious, you need to stick with Windows if you are using VB6 a lot for your computer course.

listen to him. its true. if you are another one of those who is "tired of windows" and wanna switch if <insert list of windows programs here> will work, you should stick with windows.

API's?

IDE is a cable to connect drives to your motherboard :p

API = application programming interface

IDE = integrated development environment

:blink:

exactly..

the other IDE is Integrated Drive Electronics.

!!!!

To the guy who started the thread... if you're "TIRED of Windows" why are you wanting to program for it?