Yay! My Powerbook Has Finally Arrived!

Yay! I've got my PowerBook!! 1Ghz, 1GB RAM, Superdrive!! hohohoho!!

now i gotta format it and start learning mac!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D :D :D :laugh: :laugh:

now i gotta format it and start learning mac!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :D :D :D :laugh: :laugh:

Once you go Mac, you never go back! :laugh: :D :) ;) :happy: :p :cool: :woot: :yes:

help! i'm gonna split the 60GB HDD into 2 partitions, 10GB for osx & apps, 50GB for data. what should i format them to? there are four options:

1. Mac OS Extended

2. Mac OS Standard

3. UNIX File System

4. Free Space

please help me...

help! i'm gonna split the 60GB HDD into 2 partitions, 10GB for osx & apps, 50GB for data. what should i format them to? there are four options:

1. Mac OS Extended

2. Mac OS Standard

3. UNIX File System

4. Free Space

please help me...

always pick extended cos unix is dog slow.

I'm still making up my mind on whether I should hate you or not you jammy sod :D

1. Mac OS Extended

2. Mac OS Standard

3. UNIX File System

4. Free Space

please help me...

always pick extended cos unix is dog slow.

I'm still making up my mind on whether I should hate you or not you jammy sod :D

lol

what's the mac os standard? and the free space?

i need to create a swap partition or not?

thanks for helping!!! :) :D :D :)

edit: and do i need to tick the "Install Mac OS 9 Disk Driver"?

Create 2 partitions (whatever sizes you decided) format both as Mac OS X Extended.

Install Jag (about 10-15 minutes)

Enjoy :D

Once you go Mac, you never go back! :laugh:  :D  :)  ;)  :happy:  :p  :cool:  :woot:  :yes:

Are you sure ;)

how to transfer the folders in home to another partition?

Umm, I can't quite remember, this is from memory.

Open netinfo manager

ummm, I can't quite remember, can you post a screen, I can't even remember what it looks like.

It's something like click on your username at the bottom, find where it says your home directory and double click to edit.

sudo ditto -rsrcFork /Users /Volumes/OtherPartition/Users

sudo niutil -createprop / /users/username home \

/Volumes/OtherPartition/Users/username

found this command on the net. i guess i have moved the home dir to another partition.

now there's a Users(looks like a shortcut) in my first partition which links to the Users in another partition.

am i right?

now i gotta format it and start learning mac!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :D  :D  :D  :laugh:  :laugh:

Once you go Mac, you never go back! :laugh: :D :) ;) :happy: :p :cool: :woot: :yes:

I dought that. Mac's can't be used for everything. I probably will buy a Mac to replace my PC, but I admit that the Apple designs of its Laptops and Towers are pretty sweet.

spent around 3 hours with this baby. all i gotta say is just when i finish transferring my documents and music from my pc, i'm gonna sell that piece of junk. switcher all the way. :laugh: :laugh:

Yup. Macs are good, A Performa 550 mac with OS 7 was my first computer so I'll always prefer Mac over a PC any day, though I'm sure some of you "hardcore" mac addicts would get rid of Mac in a heartbeat if it didnt have half the eye candy it does now :blink:

interesting Dazzla...do you actually miss your Mac?? it seems that you don't really have a preference. Not only are you able to handle multiple OS's, you seem to be willing to play with them.

Me...im a windows expert and am quite comfortable with linux, but I just refuse to fight with the OS so much.