Capcom Smashes Devil May Cry 4 Xbox 360 Rumors

Rumors have been been flying around the internet recently about confirmation from PlayStation Magazine that Devil May Cry 4, playable since TGS 06, would be coming to the Xbox 360.

Frankly, we wouldn't be surprised one bit to see Hiroyuki Kobayashi's shoot and slash action game hit up the 360, but we decided to check in with Capcom themselves and get more info.

Their response?

Capcom does not comment on rumors. Devil May Cry 4 is exclusive to PS3. No other announcements have been made.

Slightly unusual wording on that non-comment, there, I know. Regardless, as of now, we consider Devil May Cry 4 a PLAYSTATION 3 exclusive. However, that doesn't mean that the nagging little voice inside my head telling me to remember Resident Evil 4 and Viewtiful Joe Gamecube exclusivity is any quieter.

News Source: Kotaku

Good news for PS3 fans indeed. :)

Hang on to that hope you have there bud, don't let go.

Haha, I was just 'bout to type the same thing man. (Y)

I ran in here to see what the 360 fannies were going to be saying about this one.

I've always preffered my PS2 over my original Xbox. Though i'm enjoying my 360 atm, I'm definitely going to be getting a PS3 down the line as soon as some of these games start coming out. (DMC4, MetalGear, GoW3 perhaps? ;))

You call this smashed? :laugh: I'm not expecting it to come to Xbox 360, nor do I really care, but it's still certainly up in the air. The wording is extremely open.

blah blah, i still expect them to do a timed release if not opening same day as ps3. I like the series, but I'm happy with the upcoming 360 games more than this one :)

The ****? The rumour was ENTIRELY based around the exclusivity of the DMC 4. How can you say you can't comment on rumours, and then go and smash a rumour by saying its exclusive to PS3?

This is Capcom, the damn company that announced RE4 was coming to the PS2 before the damn GCN version was released. If they wanted to **** over PS3 Loyalists, they would of done so by now.

Haha, I was just 'bout to type the same thing man. (Y)

I ran in here to see what the 360 fannies were going to be saying about this one.

I've always preffered my PS2 over my original Xbox. Though i'm enjoying my 360 atm, I'm definitely going to be getting a PS3 down the line as soon as some of these games start coming out. (DMC4, MetalGear, GoW3 perhaps? ;))

GoW3?? what happened to number 2 :rofl:

like its been said, this doesnt confirm anything, im not holding my breath on this one because quite frankly im not THAT bothered but it would have been awesome to play on my 360

March 12.

GoW3 will be on PS3, but Jaffe hasn't gotten the official go-ahead from SCEA.

ok hold on now, GoW = Gears of War? and ur saying that the third in the series will be released for ps3 on march 12th?

ok for a start thier isnt even a GoW2 officiall announced never mind a 3 as far as i know? <please someone tell me im wrong because i would love another

secondly GoW as far as i know is a xbox360 exclusive < again if im wrong let me know

you say yourself that it isnt official so how do you know and link us to your source

Honestly, the first 3 games in the DMC series were fun to play, but if DMC4 is anything like DMC3 I wouldn't miss it too much. I know i'm not buying a PS3 just to play an updated version of DMC3 with different levels and better graphics. I'd like to see the series progress and get better, rather than rehashing the beaten path. I'd like to see the series get away from the distinct, seperated levels (in favor of a consistant/connected world) and cheesy key/lever puzzles.

Obviously, I would love it if DMC4 would come to the 360 too, but I know thats a long shot.

@skiver

GoW = God of War for what the others are talking about. Not Gears.

ok hold on now, GoW = Gears of War? and ur saying that the third in the series will be released for ps3 on march 12th?

ok for a start thier isnt even a GoW2 officiall announced never mind a 3 as far as i know? <please someone tell me im wrong because i would love another

secondly GoW as far as i know is a xbox360 exclusive < again if im wrong let me know

you say yourself that it isnt official so how do you know and link us to your source

God of War. its the original GoW.... Gears of war just happens to share the same initals. lol

O...K...? So let me get this straight. We've learned absolutely nothing new, and you're saying that all of a sudden, the fact that we've learned nothing is smashing a rumor? That makes no sense. That defeats the purpose. The rumor was made under the assumption that at the moment, DMC4 is PS3 exlusive. Whoo.

Don't get me wrong, I probably won't give DMC a glance if it does come to 360 - I'm just not interested, but saying that you don't comment on a rumor is very different from smashing a rumor. If they wanted to smash it, they would have said outright, "No. DMC4 is not coming out on Xbox 360."

-Spenser

Most likely DMC4 will be released on the 360 eventually. You have to remember, capcom was essentially floored at the success of Dead Rising (and now Lost Planet). So they pretty much have a hardon for the 360 right now.

But similar to Virtua Fighter 5, the PS3 will have it exclusively for a good chunk of time (either due to timed exclusive or simply the time it will take to port).

And this statement against it isn't set it in stone, they specifically word it a certain way in order to keep the possibility for a 360 version. It's still possible it will never be released on the 360 of course, but Capcom as I said is very pro-360 at the moment.