Windows Photo Gallery, Yellow BG on LCD

I have a dual Monitor setup, When I view Windows Photo Gallery on the LCD it appears to have a

yellow background and the picture also has a yellow tint. When I slide it over to the CRT it looks fine.

This ONLY happens with Windows Photo Gallery. Photos look fine on both monitors with Photoshop

or any other photo viewer/Editor.

Any ideas?

post-1487-1170396128_thumb.jpg

Have you calibrated the colour of each monitor? Basically, is Windows rendering "white" the same on each?

Did you read my post? I said this happens with this program only! All other programs look fine.

My desktop icons, text at the top of the program is white.Whites look white, except for in

Windows Photo Galley.

If i view it on the CRT its white (looks good) do a screen shot, paste it into Photoshop,

move it to the LCD still white still looks good. But if I view it in Windows Photo Galley

on the LCD, Crappy yellow, Makes no sense at all.

Well, blame it on a bug and send in a bug notice to Microsoft. I'm sure they would be happy to know about it ;) maybe it's the graphics card drivers, or your graphics card model. Who knows...

I had the same problem, all of a sudden all the images had a yellow/red bias to them in Photo Gallery. The thumbnails and thumbnail previews looked fine in Photo Gallery, but clicking on one would cause the discoloration. I solved [my problem] by uninstalling the driver for my monitor and checked the box "delete driver after uninstall", then rebooted. Photo Gallery went back to normal.

BTW, I have a Samsung 225BW and got the driver through Windows Update.

Edited by Hardflip

I had the same problem, all of a sudden all the images had a yellow/red bias to them in Photo Gallery. The thumbnails and thumbnail previews looked fine in Photo Gallery, but clicking on one would cause the discoloration. I solved [my problem] by uninstalling the driver for my monitor and checked the box "delete driver after uninstall", then rebooted. Photo Gallery went back to normal.

BTW, I have a Samsung 225BW and got the driver through Windows Update.

That did the trick! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem. I have the SW 940BW. Yesterday i install the driver for it from the WUpdates and i got the problem.

I'm trying to find a link to report the bug to microsoft and nothing. What is going on????

• 3 years later...

I an so f*cking happy, I've just restored RGB in WPG to defaults, and I want you to fell that! I want to help those, who got same problem!

My monitor SMSNG T220G.

You just need to Open Color Management by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Color Management (I've found color management after clicking "Hardware and solution" by search for "color")

Then open "All Profiles" page, then remove one ICC profile (ICC profiles are below), the other profiles you won't remove, you will see an error, the profile you need to remove will remove without error, only system security confirmation.