PlayStation 3 Firmwire 1.51 Update Available

An update for the PS3 has been released today and includes the newest firmwire update, version 1.51.

New features in the update entail:

Users:

- You can now select an image to use as the User icon from [Photo].

Settings:

- [Key Tone] has been added as an option under [sound Settings].

- [Delete Backup Data] has been added as an option under [system Settings] > [backup Utility].

- WEP 128, WPA-PSK (TKIP) and WPA-PSK (AES) have been added as security methods that can be used with [AOSS?] under [Automatic].*

Game:

- New for 1.51: Support for PlayStation 3 format software titles has been expanded.

Friends:

- The method for saving your password / signing in automatically under PlayStation Network has been changed. There are now two separate options.

Other:

- You can now enter text in Korean using the on-screen keyboard.

You can update your system software by any of the following methods:

System Update ?

Update using the PS3? system's System Update feature.

Update using a PC ?

Download update data using a PC and save on storage media* or a USB Mass Storage device. Copy the update data to the PS3? system's hard disk and perform the update. *An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.

Update using disc media ?

Update using update data that is included on a game disc.

You can check out the official PlayStation 3 update website here.

souricon.gif News Source: PSU

They had to release an update to play more PS3 games? :blink:

Yep there could be an exploit in older firmware that allows homebrew code to be run aka an ISO loader for backup games, but if you make new games need a certain firmware you force people to upgrade to a firmware where there is no exploit meaning people carnt run homebrew software anymore... this happens with the PSP all the time except there seams to be a new exploit every month or 2!

They should release an update that will make Playstation 3 worth the money like have it make coffee of do my chores, until then it will still be a failed, expensive toy for the impulsive few that must have one because they hyped it up to be "cool" to own a PS3; news flash, it isn't....

news flash, it is! I feel very cool to actually have a job and have all my bills paid down enough to own one. Also before you come back to flame me for buying one, I also own my own house and have 2 kids and a wife. Thank you.

They should release an update that will make Playstation 3 worth the money like have it make coffee of do my chores, until then it will still be a failed, expensive toy for the impulsive few that must have one because they hyped it up to be "cool" to own a PS3; news flash, it isn't....

Some people might of bought the PS3 cause they can afford to and because they wanted one, not because they wanted to seem cool like you say. I know that seems shocking and unbelievable to you, I hope it all sinks in now. Plus even though Sony gets bashed all the time, it not really a "cool" thing to do by jumping on the bash Sony bandwagon every chance you get, unless you are 12 or employed by MS as many of the bashers are.

The PS3 being worth the money? Depends on who you are. Some people buy $10,000 cars, some $50,000. They all get you to the same place. Some people can afford extra toys, others cant. Ask someone making $1000 a year if the 360 is worth the money, ask someone making $100,000 if the PS3 is worth the money. Different answers for different people.

Some people might of bought the PS3 cause they can afford to and because they wanted one, not because they wanted to seem cool like you say. I know that seems shocking and unbelievable to you, I hope it all sinks in now. Plus even though Sony gets bashed all the time, it not really a "cool" thing to do by jumping on the bash Sony bandwagon every chance you get, unless you are 12 or employed by MS as many of the bashers are.

The PS3 being worth the money? Depends on who you are. Some people buy $10,000 cars, some $50,000. They all get you to the same place. Some people can afford extra toys, others cant. Ask someone making $1000 a year if the 360 is worth the money, ask someone making $100,000 if the PS3 is worth the money. Different answers for different people.

well said. I'm not fussed about the company making my electronic gadgets, aslong as it does what it says on the tin.

I've got a Sony VAIO, an Apple iPod and an Microsoft Xbox 360. I will probably buy the PS3 towards christmas season 2007 when prices have been reduced, and some proper titles has been released.

:yes:

Hmm when I get my PS3 I don't know if I should update at all for a while (check the PSP) :p

news flash, it is! I feel very cool to actually have a job and have all my bills paid down enough to own one. Also before you come back to flame me for buying one, I also own my own house and have 2 kids and a wife. Thank you.

Would you like a cookie?

300px-Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

No one cares if you have your bills paid or own your own house. i own a 750,000 and all paid and i'm not going around saying ****. You don't need none of that to own a PS3 and i also have a wife with 1 kid and another one on the way.

No one cares if you have your bills paid or own your own house. i own a 750,000 and all paid and i'm not going around saying ****. You don't need none of that to own a PS3 and i also have a wife with 1 kid and another one on the way.

I see my sarcasm was lost on you. Congrats that you own a 750,000 (something)

Edited by Niccos

NICCOS LIVES!!!

PS: how come there's so many 360'ers here? you dirty traitors. oh, wait a sec...