Blog Post: How Sony Will Counter the Halo 3 Beta?

what differentiates killzone's FPS concept from other FPS games? i got killzone 1, but never really liked the gameplay as much as halo... and don't all PS3 fanboys preach that visuals are everything? or has that stopped now that PS3 games don't look as good as promised...

They look pretty damn sharp to me, but I guess people like you and the Mr. Pinata ( all in good fun :p ) wouldn't know without playing any.. eh?

For those of us actually interested in the game itself we don't mind talking about it and anticipating a great game. I've played Halo 2 and can't say it impresses enough to rant about Halo 3.. but oh that's right! We here that are interested in the game of Killzone are here to discuss it. Guess you're not.

lmao. Killzone was meant to be halo killer, now killzone 2 is going to counter halo3. Hmm maybe if it turns out anything like the pre-rendered vid and has an immense story line then id consider it a "contender" for halo 3, until then its just sony spin and hype.

<snip>

Hummers are quite affordable cars if you had a clue about reality. They are actually cheaper (and get better mileage) than a Jeep Cherokee, for example. <snip>

GM H2 'Hummer' gets 9 mpg, weighs over 6,000 lbs and costs over $50,000, virtually all of which can be written off as a business tax credit under a recently-enacted but clearly short-sighted federal economic stimulus package.

[source]

1a) And the people from Microsoft land claim superior intelligence and dominance.. with followers like this? :|

1b)Killzone will not be a "Halo 3 killer" nor shall it ever be made out to be. <snip>

1a) claim? we know ;)

1b) Ah ah ah, not so fast. It is widely known that Killzone was supposed to be a "halo killer" and it's expected that the next installment in the series would try to earn that title also. Just search for is Killzone a halo 2 killer?...

It's a functional shooter, but with a couple of extra coats of paint, Killzone could have been a whole lot better.

The Good: Unique storyline.; multiplayer is solid, though not original.; nice art design..

The Bad: Bland single-player gameplay.; weapons don't have the best feel.; tons of annoying graphics and sound problems.; anticlimactic ending..

Gameplay 7

Graphics 7

Sound 7

Value 8

Tilt 6

Source: GameSpot

:trout:

Thanks for posting the Killzone 1 review :sleep:

I have high hopes for this game being quite good! But alas we'll need to wait and see what this demo is like.

Sad to see that half the people in these forums don't know how to appreciate some games. Tsk tsk.

I'd appreciate it more if people didn't act like it needed to kill another game. Granted I firmly believe if it went head to head with H3, it would lose, but it doesn't have to, and it's probably going to be a fine game in and of itself.

-Spenser

I have high hopes for this game being quite good! But alas we'll need to wait and see what this demo is like.

What did you want him to post? The Killzone 2 review? Come on now, it's definitely fair grounds to at least start a basis of comparison form the review of a previous title in a series.

well killzone 2 is probably going to be a sequel to number 1, so if number 1 had a bad review it is likely number 2 will follow suit. (doubt it will be as bad though) anyways how could he have gotten a review for killzone 2? it aint even out. use your head please.

:laugh:

Rodrigo, Im guessing youve never even tried Killzone :/

Hopefully this demo will be available to us europoeans in march \o/

I did, and I regreted it. The worst game I ever played on a PS2 (or probably on any console).

On a side note,I couldn't decide if it was the controller or the game. :p But my first guess was on the game. :D

Looks like what?

This:kz5.jpg

We won't see if gameplay actually looks like that until it's demo release in the coming months.

The only future ps3 game I'm pretty positive on how it will look is Final Fantasy XIII, which will be using the white engine and will actually look like this(supposively):

928790_20060921_screen001.jpg

How Toyota will counter a Hummer test drive? with a Yaris of course! :rolleyes: :devil: :laugh: :rofl: :p

dsc00406ly7.jpg

I have a Yaris ... they get great gas mileage. Hummer = $$$$$. :p