IGN: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Hands-on

Yea, you're right. :whistle:

I understand this is play-putty to alot of fannies, and would probably spend the next couple hours trying to sculpt these quotes into something negative against the ps3. :rolleyes:

Yes and show me where it says this is exclusive to the PS3 version, it says the enhancements will be going to xbox 360 and PC.

Yes and show me where it says this is exclusive to the PS3 version, it says the enhancements will be going to xbox 360 and PC.

Lol, how about you show me where I said it was an 'exclusive'. Better yet, do a search on this article, and at least find the word (your fav it seems) 'exclusive'. Find it? Didn't think so. F'it, simple quote where you claim it says the 360 and pc will be getting anything, besides what i already quoted as being shaders.

Seems like an up-to-date review on a PS3 build of the game that appears to be outdoing the competition. Regardless of shaders.

Holla @ me when you can find something on this article that remotely comes close to stating where your god sent console will be showing an equivalent performance. Cause I read otherwise.

Don't get mad if your fav game will be playing/looking better on a god forsakened PS3. :D

Lol, how about you show me where I said it was an 'exclusive'. Better yet, do a search on this article, and at least find the word (your fav it seems) 'exclusive'. Find it? Didn't think so. F'it, simple quote where you claim it says the 360 and pc will be getting anything, besides what i already quoted as being shaders.

Seems like an up-to-date review on a PS3 build of the game that appears to be outdoing the competition. Regardless of shaders.

Holla @ me when you can find something on this article that remotely comes close to stating where your god sent console will be showing an equivalent performance. Cause I read otherwise.

Don't get mad if your fav game will be playing/looking better on a god forsakened PS3. :D

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=535588

Booyah. :happy:

Our "god sent" console certainly has the power for it. Oblivion was practically a 360 launch title (a few months off from launch), however, and one of the first next generation games.

Sigh. The only reason I mentioned the 360 enhancements is because for one, I already posted a thread about the 360 enhancements and two, I posted it before this IGN preview.

And I'm certainly no fanboy, in fact I've made threads attacking fanboy garbage.

The loading times on the 360 are probably slower due to the core units not having a HDD so I spose the game relys more on the disc on the 360 whereas the PS3 probably makes more use of the HDD? just a guess

Sigh. The only reason I mentioned the 360 enhancements is because for one, I already posted a thread about the 360 enhancements and two, I posted it before this IGN preview.

And I'm certainly no fanboy, in fact I've made threads attacking fanboy garbage.

No fanboy here either, being i own all 3 consoles. As i said on another thead, they all have their gimmicks. I give props where deserved.

I just hate when theres a thread, that being a 360, wii, or a ps3 thread, theres always a someone that comes in and ruins it for everyone by coming in and downplaying someone elses preffered console.

It happens a whole lot here on ps3 threads. Practically every thread with 'ps3' in its title seems to be bashing the console.

It's obvious Neowin is pro-microsoft, so just stick to your preference and leave others to enjoy theirs i say.

The loading times on the 360 are probably slower due to the core units not having a HDD so I spose the game relys more on the disc on the 360 whereas the PS3 probably makes more use of the HDD? just a guess

Possible. Although my mind is moving more towards some type of "install" similar to other PS3 titles. Which is actually a great idea, and I almost wish the 360 version had it lol!

That does fit of course with what you said, but I'm guessing you were thinking more of an efficient caching system. Which could be the case as well.

No fanboy here either, being i own all 3 consoles. As i said on another thead, they all have their gimmicks. I give props where deserved.

I just hate when theres a thread, that being a 360, wii, or a ps3 thread, theres always a someone that comes in and ruins it for everyone by coming in and downplaying someone elses preffered console.

It happens a whole lot here on ps3 threads. Practically every thread with 'ps3' in its title seems to be bashing the console.

It's obvious Neowin is pro-microsoft, so just stick to your preference and leave others to enjoy theirs i say.

I completely agree. And yes this forum can have a very MS biased viewpoint. But this site is a big hardware resource for computer systems using Microsoft operating systems, so it makes sense.

But I definitely wasn't trying to derail the thread, I only brought up the 360 enhancements because IGN's article left it out. But they've already released a response (there's a thread concerning it in this section of the forum already).

which is fine. But when an article posts some information and compares it to the 360 and makes it seem like those things are coming only to the PS3 when in reality they aren't, then it's perfectly normal for someone to correct that mistake.