Question About Adjusting Volume

i choose not to use the apple pro keyboard and mouse that came with my iMac. i know that f12 held down opens up my cd tray, but i was wondering if there are keys that will adjust the volume on a standard keyboard (i'm using a my logitech wireless keyboard/mouse, and don't want to go back to the apple keyboard just for easy volume control...)

I can understand not using the mouse (sell yours on ebay, like I did ;) ), but the keyboard? Anyhoo...

I'm pretty sure those keys are proprietory. Maybe someone knows of a keyboard shortcut program that can emulate them for you?

yea i just like the cordless keyboard - the usb wire on the keyboard is too short IMO, so i have to leave it on my desktop. the wireless can fit in the keyboard tray. thats my main gripe, i need the desk space and the pro keyboard just doesn't let me have as much :)

worse case scenario, i'll just have to use the controls in the menu bar - no big deal.

Why don't you wanna use the Pro Keyboard? Anyway.. I don't know if there are any keys you could map to the function, but you could always "Show Volume in menu bar". You can enable it through the Sound preference pane in System Preferences. Better than nothing I suppose.

[edit]

Damnit, late with both my question and "solution" it seems. Ohwell :)

Why don't you wanna use the Pro Keyboard? Anyway.. I don't know if there are any keys you could map to the function, but you could always "Show Volume in menu bar". You can enable it through the Sound preference pane in System Preferences. Better than nothing I suppose.

[edit]

Damnit, late with both my question and "solution" it seems. Ohwell :)

;)

yea i just like the cordless keyboard - the usb wire on the keyboard is too short IMO, so i have to leave it on my desktop. the wireless can fit in the keyboard tray. thats my main gripe, i need the desk space and the pro keyboard just doesn't let me have as much :)

worse case scenario, i'll just have to use the controls in the menu bar - no big deal.

wouldn't a USB extension cable have been cheaper than getting a wireless keyboard?

:p

just giving you a hard time

The Apple keyboard (mine has white keyes) is the nicest keyboard I have ever used. Plus mine came with a USB extension too.

yea i just like the cordless keyboard - the usb wire on the keyboard is too short IMO, so i have to leave it on my desktop. the wireless can fit in the keyboard tray.  thats my main gripe, i need the desk space and the pro keyboard just doesn't let me have as much :)

The Apple keyboard (mine has white keyes) is the nicest keyboard I have ever used. Plus mine came with a USB extension too.

Cool.

I love the keyboard too. Even though it can feel small at times.. And it was hard getting used to the keymapping being different than on the PC when I first got my Mac, for special characters, even such as @.

Now I remember both, and I can 'feel' when I'm at a Mac or a PC (which we use in school, and I still have two at home), so I can switch over easy as hell.

I've got the logitech internet navigator keyboard myself and its loads better than the apple pro one. Only prob is that as its the international one I haven't sorted out how to switch the @ and the " keys so they are backwards at to the mo.

yea i just like the cordless keyboard - the usb wire on the keyboard is too short IMO, so i have to leave it on my desktop. the wireless can fit in the keyboard tray.  thats my main gripe, i need the desk space and the pro keyboard just doesn't let me have as much :)

a usb extension would solve a lot of my problems, but then i'd have to spend money. :D