Sony set to make announcements during GDC

Phil Harrison confirmed in a recent interview with 1up that Sony will be making some exclusive announcements during the Games Developers Conference, set to take place next month.

Harrison said: ?I think it's no secret that we're going to make a couple of exclusive announcements there."

It was suggested that Killzone may finally make an appearance to the public to draw away attention from the Halo 3 beta, but the rumours were quickly dispelled. Harrison maintains that Killzone will be shown only when it's polished enough to meet the public's expectations.

Be sure to check PSU on March 5th for the latest from Phil Harrison, President of SCE Worldwide Studios

News Source: PSU

Uhh, I'm all for news about Sony that's good, but I didn't know it wasn't just assumed they were going to make announcements during GDC. How could they not?

-Spenser

It's more for those of us who care. ;) They are building anticipation.. good for us owners and future owners.

I can only imagine, just for fun:

Sony: "Welcome ladies and gentlemen, we are here to announce that we are exiting the game industry as of today."

Anyways, well we could start seeing some REAL game play footage of games that have been anticipated.

"Harrison maintains that Killzone will be shown only when it's polished enough to meet the public's expectations."

In other words it still looks nothing like the pre-rendered demo reel.

"Harrison maintains that Killzone will be shown only when it's polished enough to meet the public's expectations."

Indeed! haha! :p

So that means that they will show it when it looks like the pre-rendered video, which I guess its ok (who would want to see an ugly game anyways?)

I'm hoping for a glimpse of the ico/sotc team's new game.

Would be awesome, but I think it would be too soon for them, I especially hope they don't rush the next game.

But I'm guessing it would be, as mentioned, euro release titles, along with hat big update that's suppose to be happening some time soonish, possibly some new footage of games we have seen or have yet to be announced.

Price drop? God of War 3? PS3 v. 1.02 w/ double the memory? Crystal Castles coming to the PSStore? :shiftyninja:

The Ico team's game footage won't be out for months upon months, since it's just now been rumored that they might be working on something at all.