Acronis True Image 10.0 Home

Acronis True Image 10 Home creates the exact copy of your hard disk and allows you to instantly restore the entire machine including operating system, applications, and all the data in the event of a fatal system crash or virus attack ? no reinstallations required! With the new version you also can easily back up your music, video, and digital photos, as well as Outlook e-mails, contacts, calendar, tasks, and user settings with just a few mouse clicks!

Changlog:

2007-02-15 Build #4940:

-Backup creation of MS Outlook 2000 and MS Outlook 2003 imap accounts

-File level archive creation fixes

-Better hardware support

-Bootable media fixes

-Fixes for working under Windows Vista 64

-Fixes of working with FTP

-Windows Vista restoring fixes

-Email notification fixes

Download the update patch: https://www.acronis.com/enterprise/my/updates/

Download Trial: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/

More info: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

Although I use this program I think that there should be an option when restoring from a full backup to restore the other backup types. Like maybe I just want to restore my documents or my Email.

Had version 9 and just got 10 a day or so ago. I wanted to use it on Vista. Great app and it's saved me many times already. Granted with this app I've been more experimental ;)

Had version 9 and just got 10 a day or so ago. I wanted to use it on Vista. Great app and it's saved me many times already. Granted with this app I've been more experimental ;)

Don't push your luck ;)

Fair warning... I got burned by this app when I tried to backup an installation of Vista and then restore it.

EVERYTHING was messed up when I tried to restore my copy of Vista. When I booted into Vista it had files in all the wrong places, it was trying to find some files on C:\ and looking for others on D:\ , it couldn't load my profile...I got a message saying my profile was corrupt and it was using a temporary profile.

I then tried to run the System Restore app, and it gave me error about not being able to find the application, but get this, it was looking for it at "C:\\Windows\\SYSTEM32\\ " .... note the double backslashes ...all the files were in the wrong places and the entire file system was messed up.

So this is my warning, don't count on this software for any kind of full backup/full restore. In my experience, it is absolutely terrible at least when it comes to Vista.

Although I use this program I think that there should be an option when restoring from a full backup to restore the other backup types. Like maybe I just want to restore my documents or my Email.

You can open a backup file just like a zip file and extract only the data you want. I have done this a number of times and it works great.

Can you run this app only when you want to backup or must it run constantly ?

Both, it can be run manually when you want it or it has a schedule service which allows you to schedule a backup at night or whenever. The schedule service can be disabled if you don't want it or need it. Also you can make backups using a cd and not even install the app at all.

Has anyone else tried a full backup and full restore of Vista yet?

I am quite curious if I was just really unlucky, or if this product really does suck this bad when it comes to Vista.

You can open a backup file just like a zip file and extract only the data you want. I have done this a number of times and it works great.

Yes, I know that but it would be so much more convienient to be able to select the exact same restore options from a full backup archive that are available from the "Select Backup Type" screen. An example vwould be; I only have a full back and I only want to restore my Email, so during the restore selection process it gives me that option, and the rest including the option for a full restore option.