Grand Theft Auto IV

oh no... not any "console exclusive" crap...

i pray for them to get it out for the PC.

Or even mac lol, but this will be a big dream only i guess :D

Glassed Silver:mac

I'm sure it'll come on PC just like the other GTA's

Wish it came on the same day also though :pinch:

I'm sure it'll come on PC just like the other GTA's

Wish it came on the same day also though :pinch:

yea :pinch:

Glassed Silver:mac

*cough*360*cough*

I know it will be released for both but I still believe the PS3 version will have more features than the 360, I don't think the PS3 version will be toned down to match the 360 standards, I think if anything the 360 version will come with multiple discs.

I'll be buying a 360 soon for a few games coming out, including this one. As for GTA4, I think Detroit would be a wonderful setting as the #2 ranking for most dangerous city this year with Flint, MI being only ~ 1 hour away and being #3 on that list. Since 1995 Detroit has been the most dangerous city 4 times! The next closest cities are St. Louis, Camden, NJ and Gary, IN with two nominations.

Not to mention that Detroit is also the most dangerous metropolitan area!

I think this game will look awesome! I hope it does. I heard rumors that it would be in the UK but the traveling would be nice.

Chicago would be a great place to have it :). Probably a country like Japan would be pretty nice too!

I have also heard rumours that it is going to be based in the UK, I wouldn't mind this as it would be a different experience to the normal American cities.

No matter where it is based, this is going to be one hell of a game. :D

They should redo London:1969, or Japan/China/Hong Kong would be cool too.

What I don't get is, they have the release date exactly set, but no screenshots or anything? I'm guessing it will only be a small thing like another 'Stories' since it doesn't seem to have been in the making for very long?

Edited by Syphonic

They should redo London:1969, or Japan/China/Hong Kong would be cool too.

What I don't get is, they have the release date exactly set, but no screenshots or anything? I'm guessing it will only be a small thing like another 'Stories' since it doesn't seem to have been in the making for very long?

GTA San Andreas was released in 2004 - Id say it has been in development for quite a while now.

And if you think their first next gen GTA is just another 'stories' you deadly wrong!

(well, I wouldnt know, but I hope so :p)

I know it will be released for both but I still believe the PS3 version will have more features than the 360, I don't think the PS3 version will be toned down to match the 360 standards, I think if anything the 360 version will come with multiple discs.

LOL. Have you seen the comparisons of the two consoles? They're pretty much the same in terms of graphics, and I really really really doubt it'll come on multiple DVD's.

Am I missing something... or was Vice City not GTA4?

Here how it goes:

Grand Theft Auto 1:

- Grand Theft Auto: London, 1969

- Grand Theft Auto: London, 1961

Grand Theft Auto 2:

- Grand Theft Auto 2

Grand Theft Auto III:

- Grand Theft Auto III

- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

- Grand Theft Auto Advance

- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

And then "Grand Theft Auto IV" series, that will be released sometimes this year.

Here how it goes:

And then "Grand Theft Auto IV" series, that will be released sometimes this year.

Shouldnt it be:

Grand Theft Auto 1:

- Grand Theft Auto 1

- Grand Theft Auto: London, 1969

- Grand Theft Auto: London, 1961

Grand Theft Auto 2:

- Grand Theft Auto 2

Grand Theft Auto III:

- Grand Theft Auto III

- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

- Grand Theft Auto Advance

- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

Same thing, he only made a tiny mistake. He got the rest - and the most important bit - right.

This game will be so good :) Period.

Same thing, he only made a tiny mistake. He got the rest - and the most important bit - right.

This game will be so good :) Period.

Tiny mistake!? Its the entire foundation of GTA! :angry:

:rofl:

Hope its set in the UK the american citys are boring now

Who wants to drive backwards and have crazy teeth? :p

I hope it isnt in america, anything would be good, maybe in europe or even asia :D

It was rumored to be in London, I hope its not personally, I'd much rather have it located in North America, but who knows maybe they will surprise us and let us travel around the world in the game? Blu Ray sure has the space to do it.

I really really hope they dont just make the game bigger for the hell of it. GTA:SA to me just felt quite empty and I would have been quite happy with a map half the size as all that unused terran was just an extra 5 mins in travelling time. Unless they add some missions of a grand scale unlike those in SA I dont think the game world needs to be any larger. I'd rather more missions and more detailed environments than larger game maps. More detailed and just more indoor environments would help a huge amount too.

I felt vice city had a better balance. The map felt more intimate and getting from place to place wasnt such a time consuming task where you often would leave something for another day because you didnt want to spend the time travelling to another town.

well one massive city the size of the whole san andreas map would be good. but i guess the developers want to keep the countryside bit as well for more varied missions.

The series could easily allow you to travel to overseas city if the developers wanted to mix it up, afterall crime is transborder and international. They almost could have done it on SA with you going to the airport buying a ticket and ending up in a Tokyo or London esque style cities. But even in SA I thought it was a good mix of cities from the Suburbs to the Ghetto to Las Vegas to the open country side.

i think it would be great to have a seperated city, with a mass of water in between, basically non swim-able, you could swim it but it would take you about an hour lol, and have car ferry which everyone uses and a airport where you can get a plane or drive yourself.

and another thing, i hope theres snow, would be great to drive in snow.