[Review] Norton 360 Full Review

bloated software. Need I say more? How many of these programs do you really need. Even more, how much of it drains down the system resources. Norton is and has always been notorious for using up to many resources. The 2nd thing is, I want to see in this review hardcore firewall testing, spyware testing and anti-virus testing. Unless you can provide real world testing environment, I would still stay away from it. I have heard many thing from customers complain about how norton did nothing to protect their system. Among the antivirus alone does not provide top notch protection.

Now norton firewall on the other hand I've heard plenty of issues as well. The main problem with this is I've had numerous of customers have their Internet totally shut off and cut off by Norton. THe hard part about resolving this issue is that the customer or consumer does not know how to fix this. When these issues arise they are left in the dark of what to do unless they contact symantec.

Norton Ghost has gotten better but it is still confusing on aspects and some in depth documentation could add better explainations. I do not consider it the best. Although, Acronis TrueImage and Paragon Drive Image programs are two that should be looked at.

The review here lacks deep and in depth scanning validity of the program itself in all aspects of the program. But all I read here is how easy it is, how cool it looks and how user friendly norton is trying to be. I can careless about that. I want to know how it affects the system, how well it protects the system. You have to admit, Symantec has left alot of bad taste in my mouth, including mine.

This is how I see it, you don't have to agree because I simply wont care.

What is this "Review of the Week" on the front page when the review is almost a year old? At the moment 360 2.0 is in beta and is slated to be released next month.

EDIT: Nevermind, it appears to have disappeared off the front page now.

I wondered the same too :D now Neowin owes me a front page post :p j/k

Thanks Neowin for even considering this review to be home page worthy :)