Enjoy WindowsXP.nu while it lasts

I dont know and I dont care, but based on how that company does things, that is the image *I* get about him ?:alien::

Besides, I don't know percentage of the Gates' money is in the foundation, but Bill himself obtained a great deal of his wealth through breaking the law. Sorry, even the Enron executives did things for their families and friends.

In other words, doing something right somewhere doesn't forgive unethical behavior and destroying other people's companies & jobs somewhere else.

Yes, he did do things illegaly :laugh::

I dont know and I dont care, but based on how that company does things, that is the image *I* get about him ?:alien::

Besides, I don't know percentage of the Gates' money is in the foundation, but Bill himself obtained a great deal of his wealth through breaking the law. Sorry, even the Enron executives did things for their families and friends.

In other words, doing something right somewhere doesn't forgive unethical behavior and destroying other people's companies & jobs somewhere else.

do unto others before they do unto you

given the chance any one of those companies he "destroyed"(btw,please name one) would gladly have done the same to him, being a better businessman isn't a crime.

I dont know and I dont care, but based on how that company does things, that is the image *I* get about him  :alien:

do unto others before they do unto you

given the chance any one of those companies he "destroyed"(btw,please name one) would gladly have done the same to him, being a better businessman isn't a crime.

Netscape was utterly destroyed, about to disappear, before America Online snatched them up. That's just one. Sun had their product (Java) botched because Microsoft failed in their contract obligations. Now they are entitled to billions of dollars in damages now that Microsoft was ruled an abusive monopoly. Since Sun never got to be a big company with cross-platform software, there's a lot of jobs in that company that never came to be. Maybe now they can grow, the courts are helping them along.

Microsoft is convicted. They broke one of the highest laws of the U.S. for a corporation. They could've been split into many companies, but since the economy is iffy in the U.S. now and this administration is business-friendly, they were spared the corporate death sentence.

EDIT: And before anyone says Netscape was crappy, remember what Microsoft was doing with HTML standards and making it so that MS-HTML (and ActiveX) wouldn't render in Netscape . I would say more but there's other areas on the web you can search for a better history than I could provide for you.

Edited by Fotix

Bill just gives stuff away as a tax right off, he could care less about anything but more money :(

do you know anything about paying taxes? Lets see, i can either pay my a determined about of money to the government as tax, or put it to a fund or organization of my choice where i know it can be used as a tax write off.

I dont believe that windowsxp.nu was disguising their site as a windows site to trick people into downloading viruses or anything so i dont see what the problem is. I also dont see how czar believes it is his business to report a web page to microsoft to be shut down, and then come here wondering if he got it shut down. I havent been to the site many times, but i did just visit it, and the site isnt being shut down, he will move the site somewhere else, and it will be just as popular i am sure.

Sun and Nutscrapes problems were all there own doing, Nutscrape failed because it had the most horrid interface and bug problems ever seen, and Sun...well they're just a bunch of bumbling idiots...exhibit #1 being their "we'll sue MS to remove Java....no no let's sue 'em to put it back" policy/brainfart.

I also dont see how czar believes it is his business to report a web page to microsoft to be shut down, and then come here wondering if he got it shut down.

:laugh:

If you knew czar you would understand how he thinks. Take a look at his past with this site, for instance. :cool:

::COUGH::

KDE Logo

::COUGH::

He's a cool guy though.

Microsoft in its attitude and behaviour is taking its lead simply from the Government of their home Country .

That is dominate , dominate , dominate .

Pushing around and beating up the small guy always makes the bully feel better .

But this attitude is not limited to only Microsoft , look at the Music and Film industry , Oracle ,

numerous sporting bodies and a rather long list of others.

Intellectual property etc I agree with , but there is a diferent way to deal with it , it doesnt always need the heavy handed bully approach which is the first and only way so often demonstrated from the America's.

Sun and Nutscrapes problems were all there own doing, Nutscrape failed because it had the most horrid interface and bug problems ever seen, and Sun...well they're just a bunch of bumbling idiots...exhibit #1 being their "we'll sue MS to remove Java....no no let's sue 'em to put it back" policy/brainfart.

CZAR is a Microsoft Employee...... KILL HIM!

cant he take M$ to court tho, or demand a certain amount of money to had over the domain, as he is paying for it i belive :)

finaly! it was inevitable untill somebody would write "M$" :rolleyes:

to you all i have to say is this

20020722l.gif

The thing that people forget is that Bink is distributing unauthorised information/data via a portal that uses trademarked terms. It is not necessarily his domain that is up for question here. Because of his domain name, his site is more easily accessible and that is the route Microsoft have gone to cut down on the number of his web visitors.

I can see the situation from both sides and I am very sympathetic to Bink. However, I do believe you are getting off lightly, they could legally do far worse.

this is what you get when you do free publicity for others ,especially when they're financial giants like m$ who bitch about evrything under the sun when its not made in they're labs,misrosofts a wussy

binks site is awesome ...he never did anything wrong and neither did he take credit for any m$ products..in everypost that had a m$ product listed the name Microsoft appered ..they were no cracks or warez of any sort..he even used theyre unmodified logos ..damn

his site used to get so many hits a day ..ms should infact be giving him some certificate or something for helping out..intead they sue him...b@St@rds

please sign his online petition there are currently 843 sigs ..yours will count too.

this is what you get when you do free publicity for others ,especially when they're financial giants like m$ who bitch about evrything under the sun when its not made in they're labs,misrosofts a wussy

binks site is awesome ...he never did anything wrong and neither did he take credit for any m$ products..in everypost that had a m$ product listed the name Microsoft appered ..they were no cracks or warez of any sort..he even used theyre unmodified logos ..damn

<SNIPPED>

I agree in spirit. But let's face what's going to happen -> Bink will still support MS. Microsoft might keep coming after Bink even after he hands over the domain. Why should he still support them? They made him a target of their lawyer drones.

A month from now he'll still be supporting MS even if he faces a lawsuit over copyright infringement. That's just so sad for me to see.

Microsoft is not our friend. They don't want our help or praise, they will still kick us in the nuts whether we are on their "side" or not.

it's understandable that you missed Gates numerous contributions to the community, since it's usually not posted here unless it's a bash, look into the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and what they've done for the community,Worldwide and local...but what am i thinking!?!? they're soooo evil

Yeah, the last one I saw was less than 1 billion to fight aids in india, with an expectation of over 9 billion in returns. Sounds more like a go for the money to me. And we're not even talking tax writeoff yet. Yes, Bill sure makes himself look good, but few are fooled anymore.

Now admit it CZAR... You really do work for MS ;-) !

they were no cracks or warez of any sort

I think you are mistaken and I think that is probably an underlying reasons why they are going after him.

WindowsXP.NU has made numerous betas, NDA Screenshots available to the public.