Microsoft's OneCare takes last place in anti-virus evaluation

No, Norton ****ing sucks.

I love the way that you backed up your argument with a clear reason, rather than just a pointless troll :rolleyes:

I am a very happy Norton AntiVirus 2007 user on Windows Vista Ultimate. No problems at all, it does everything that its supposed to, and its blazing fast.

I guess i'm wrong though, and that it must be destroying my computer in secret because its a Norton product right? :rolleyes:

You mean you knowingly wasted money on a crap program that placed last in the AV test, even though you knew better? :blink:

That doesn't sound very smart to me, not at all :pinch:

Wasted money? Considering that I've beta tested it and have been using the extended free trial period of it, I wouldn't say I wasted my money at all. And frankly, why do you even care? Some people are going to like it, others aren't. I don't see why you'd have a problem with this.

Keep in mind there are actually others that are worse than OneCare. The product has to score 85% or higher to be included (which OneCare is now out of the qualifying group).

Keep in mind there are actually others that are worse than OneCare. The product has to score 85% or higher to be included (which OneCare is now out of the qualifying group).

Yes, the products tested:

1) VBA32 84%

2) ArcaVir 82%

3) Ikarus 75%

4) Rising 71%

5) UNA 69%

6) Clamwin 53%

7) CounterSpy 50%

8) Comodo 27%

They are the 2nd group test. The results were just released in .pdf format on av-comparatives

Go to comparatives section and scroll down to 'Test of other Anti-Virus products' (bottom).

You see, not all is lost for OneCare :D

The thing I find surprising is Kaspersky's relatively poor performance (it almost always ends up with 99%+ success rate).

MS took over Gant Antispyware, and converted one of the best softs around into a below average one.

Just because there are others that are even worse doesn't mean that it's even remotely good. That's very faulty logic :pinch:

The thing I find surprising is Kaspersky's relatively poor performance.

Are we talking about the same test here?

I wouldn't call a second place in the anti-virus category a "relatively poor performance" :huh:

av-comparatives-feb07.png