Other partitions in linux

i had 3 partitions on my harddisk before installing linux

2 ntfs

1 fat32

as far as i know I can't see the ntfs partitions in linux :(

but i should be able to view the fat32 partition but i can't seem to find it in the /mnt/

note that i have redhat 8 installed

i need to see the partition

plz tell me how and what am i doing wrong

:)

If you recompile the kernel with ntfs support (mostly reading right now, write is dangerous) you'll be able to add the ntfs partitions to your /etc/fstab

Previous post here:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...=47175&hl=fstab

As for the fat32 partition, make sure it's in your /etc/fstab and if it is, just type mount /mnt/mountpointhere or add it to your fstab if it isn't there.

note that i have redhat 8 installed

alright, first you need to go to the uniacid posted ( http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/info/red...edhat.html#down ) and download the rpm for your kernel, which is 2.4.18-14 (unless you upgraded the default redhat 8.0 one) and install it.

After you've installed the rpm, you'll need to edit /etc/fstab file. If you need specific instructions for it then leave your partition/drive setup here and someone will put them for you. e.g: my setup is like this...

C-Drive: NTFS - WinXP

D-Drive: 2 Partitions, 1 for data (NTFS) and the rest for linux.

Thank u guys i mounted all my partitions including the ntfs ones

but how do u make linux mount them automaticly i think the command is automount but it doesn't seem to work i still have to mount my partitions everytime i want to use them here are the commands i tried as root

automount dev/hda1 mnt/windows2000

and

automount dev/hda5 mnt/windowsxp

and

automount dev/hda6 mnt/windows

nope, that's wrong...at least that's what I think, since you have "noauto" there.

it should be like this

/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows2000 ntfs umask=002 0 0

/dev/hda5 /mnt/windowsxp ntfs umask=002 0 0

/dev/hda6 /mnt/windows ntfs umask=002 0 0

woops...I assumed he already made them, that's why I used the names he used earlier.

Anyways, you ned to make new directories in /mnt as root and you can do that from the console by typing mkdir dirname as root

and then edit fstab.