The Best Gaming Computer Desk

Just get a Wal-Mart desk. Holds your PC, Xbox, and all of your other crap. (Y)

desk.jpg

post-39580-1174495460_thumb.jpg ohh yeah baby!

That actually looks incredibly cramped to me. The lian-li's ok but it's not really a gaming desk...well not at that price.

I just use a standard wooden desk. Nice and easy.

Edited by Smigit

I use the Ikea Mikael series:

I have a corner unit in the corner of the office and extended it outwards with a separate desk for other workstations.

post-21654-1174821347_thumb.jpg

post-21654-1174821356_thumb.jpg

That actually looks incredibly cramped to me. The lian-li's ok but it's not really a gaming desk...well not at that price.

I just use a standard wooden desk. Nice and easy.

I agree. I think a gamer desk should be huge and wide to fit all the stuff on it at least.

Just get a Wal-Mart desk. Holds your PC, Xbox, and all of your other crap. (Y)

desk.jpg

Way to small for me. The one I have now is bigger then that.

Can't make your own?

I did :p....well my dad really :p

Plank of wood with brackets to the wall.

It's actually really bad, wobbles the screen when I hit the keyboard hard (which is not too good in rhythm games like frets on fire, but fine in FPS/RTS etc)

I think it depends on what you use it for.

Now, anything is better than what I have. My CPU and my 19" BARELY fit on the desk, my G15 doesn't fit on the keyboard tray so I have to have it constantly out, and I have to have one of my speakers in front of my monitor, and the other on top of the bass on a little bookshelf thing next to it. It is very sad :( Its like having a 500lb guy trying to ride on a little bicycle.

• 9 months later...
Can't make your own?

I did :p....well my dad really :p

Plank of wood with brackets to the wall.

It's actually really bad, wobbles the screen when I hit the keyboard hard (which is not too good in rhythm games like frets on fire, but fine in FPS/RTS etc)

I did the same thing, and though I have a considerable amount of space now, its not quite 90 degrees to the wall and it wobbles alot. I am still searching for the perfect desk.

Ikea Jerker FTW... just look at all the crap you can put on it... the kleenex is because I have a cold kthx!

post-5150-1199330082_thumb.jpg

the keyboard tray actually provides me with all the room i need.

wireless keyboard mouse get moved there when i need the desk for something.

yeah, you're definitely right that it takes up a hell of a lot of space!. but i have enough room on it to do whatever i need to do, so it's worth it for now at least.

the room that it's in (my room at my parents house) consists of the desk, keyboard, file cabinet that you see, and a mattress. so it's not that bad.

the room at my apartment isn't too impressive. it's a coffee stand with a macbook and a m-audio midi controller. lol

I got my desk from IKEA, and it's made up from a VIKA AMON top and four VIKA CURRY legs. There's a ton of room on top. I have two 20" widescreens, my laptop, and four external drives with room for more.

Desk.jpg

nice setup man, is the mac mini outputting to 2 lcds? how did u do that? also is that a powerbook?