Join Neowin Folding@Home Group

logo-2.png

I created a team for Neowin.net so everyone join it

Enter this number into the Folding@Home:

And here is the Neowin Folding@Home Webpage Neowin.net

Folding@Home Chrome App!

Updated for 2018 - Thanks to Xendrome's post

In order to use the Folding App, you need to cover these three basic requirements:
1) Use the latest Chrome Browser in Windows, Linux, or OSX (Details)
2) Install the Folding App from the Chrome Web Store (Details)
3) Launch the Folding App and you are now folding!

Remember to configure Team 55186 for Neowin - http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=55186

Edited by Steven P.
updated top image
  • Like 4

Yeah, there definitely already is a Neowin group.

Unfortunately the Stats server is down at the moment so I can't get the number for ya ... I know it exists because a year ago I did around 150 Work Units for it.

I'll join as soon as I get up and running :) (tomorrow night or saturday)

I'm really excited about it as I'm studying biology so I actually get wtf they're doing from time to time :p (no that doesn't mean I get it completely:laugh:) and I just love the initiative to put the number crunching to use :D

Sorry for sounding dumb - but do we all contribute to one project, therefore making the project run time shorter, or do we all do single jobs which adds up to a 'team score'?

Ive added the number to join the team, which seems to be fine, but my current job is a solo job and has about 5 hours left to it, Im just wondering if the next job will be a smaller part of the team job, or a solo job which contributes to a total running job score for the team.

Anyone know?

Awesome! I will join the group as soon as I get off of work.

Playstation Network ID: tHePrEDaToR

Xbox Live: netcivilian

Net Civilian

I think we all do single jobs. I joined and mine is still doing the one I started this morning.

Thats what I mean, you have a job already ongoing, its the next job I wondered if it would be a part of a team job or another single job just for yourself to do.

Like, the job I got this morning was/is about 7 hours to process, after that job is done, say if there are 10 people on the team, will they get one tenth of the next job to process, or will they all just get another single 7 hour job each.

I guess there are pros and cons to each side, if someone is allocated a piece of a job on the team job, and dont log in for a month, that job wont get finished quickly, where as if 10 seperate single jobs are distributed, at least thats 9 jobs that might be done in total, as opposed to one full job not being done at all.

Im going to the site, will see if a faq mentions it.

Every one does individual WU's, just the points are added together in the team score. You don't split the WU's between the team.

For example if you folded one WU and got 100 points for it, and someone else folded 5 WU's and got 1000 points for it, the team score would be 1100.

^^ Does that make sense?

Anyone else join up with group 55186? I've been folding all afternoon. Love the real-time world map too. :D

Hehehe yeah the map looks cool. I spent some time looking at that map lol :laugh:

Joined the 55186 team. Going to bed so I thought I would let it run for a while. I swear even playing Resistance for hours I haven't heard my PS3 fans go at that speed this must really be working the PS3. I really want to see how a PS3 compares up to the average home computer.

Heres the link to check our 55186 team progres

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.p...p;teamnum=55186

Only one Work Unit done, but in terms of teams and work done we are somehow in 38%, I guess most people that do major loads don't do teams or those teams above us do tones. I really want to see how PS3 can stack up against the rest my PS3 estimated about 9 hours for its first Work Unit that it got dose that mean anything? lol

Oh well I'll leave it running while I sleep and while I'm at school tonight and check some stats tomorrow.

Edit: wow... out of all the PS3's that left there donating name the default "PS3" are already 730 of 615924. Not even 24hours and PS3 brought in this ranking... Not to mention any of the PS3s that did change there donating name won't count towards this... I'm amazed I almost can't wait to say "SCREW YOU XBOX360 MY PS3 FOUND A CURE FOR CANCER". The thing I just said in quote is a joke I'm not trying to start some war here please don't take it farther then a joke.

Edited by cloudstrife13

Heres the link to check our 55186 team progres

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.p...p;teamnum=55186

Only one Work Unit done, but in terms of teams and work done we are somehow in 38%, I guess most people that do major loads don't do teams or those teams above us do tones. I really want to see how PS3 can stack up against the rest my PS3 estimated about 9 hours for its first Work Unit that it got dose that mean anything? lol

Oh well I'll leave it running while I sleep and while I'm at school tonight and check some stats tomorrow.

Edit: wow... out of all the PS3's that left there donating name the default "PS3" are already 730 of 615924. Not even 24hours and PS3 brought in this ranking... Not to mention any of the PS3s that did change there donating name won't count towards this... I'm amazed I almost can't wait to say "SCREW YOU XBOX360 MY PS3 FOUND A CURE FOR CANCER"

Hehe that one is mine :p