Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Join Neowin Folding@Home Group

635 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, back online now!

Just something random I threw in when I first started. When I joined the Neowin team I couldn't change it because I'd loose track of those first 22 WU I had done :o:cry: I can't be bothered to see if I can change it now :/

Prepare for overtake.

Posted

Prepare for overtake.

NEVAR :devil:

Posted

NEVAR :devil:

Overtake complete! Resistance is Futile.

Posted

i used to have my PS3 set to always be folding however, lately it has been in use and not able to fold. Also i cannot seam to get the ATI version of the software to work correctly on my desktop to have it running at night and while i am at work.

Posted

Have you tried the latest versions?

You could always just do CPU folding instead of GPU to get around the ATI issues (I think?).

Posted

wow really? why?

Posted

Good job team! Nearly 7,000,000 points!

I think we'll be able to make 7 million in February, even if the month's 3 days shorter.

post-119755-0-15160800-1359736528.png

Posted

Wanted to let you know I joined in with an i5 and an HD7950.

I was also wondering why my GPU is only operating at 50% of its maximum?

Posted

Welcome aboard!

I don't know much about the GPU side of F@H; maybe try asking at foldingforum.org?

Posted

Joined up yesterday.

Posted

folding@home is running nice on my new i7 (specs in sig), joined the team a few weeks ago.

Posted

folding@home is running nice on my new i7 (specs in sig), joined the team a few weeks ago.

Thanks for joining! I'm wondering if you're having some technical issues, as it shows you haven't completed in WU in a while:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=631989

Posted

Thanks for joining! I'm wondering if you're having some technical issues, as it shows you haven't completed in WU in a while:

http://folding.extre...php?s=&u=631989

Well I only run it when I am away from my PC. Or if I'm doing something in my flat and my PC is just on. I play quite a lot of games so I don't like to run it while I am doing that, and my computer is off when I am at work. I am on a electric meter so I do have to be a bit careful with leaving this on all the time (but I get cheap rates of-peak and at night). If I could I would run it a lot more! Also I have been doing folding on and of since 2009 so my stats are a bit stop and start.

Posted

Where'd Soothsayer and Xendrome go!?

:(

Posted

now that I cannot fold on the PS3 i do not have anything I can fold with, I no longer have a desktop computer, all I have is a laptop :(

Posted

You can fold on the laptop! I fold on my 2.0ghz C2D Macbook.

Posted

i know its possible, and my laptop would probably do rather well at it (i have dual nvidia 650M running in SLI) I just do not want to run the laptop all day

Posted

Moved up from ~50 to 10 in a couple weeks of turning everything back on from ignoring FAH for a few years :)

Posted

i know its possible, and my laptop would probably do rather well at it (i have dual nvidia 650M running in SLI) I just do not want to run the laptop all day

okay :(

Moved up from ~50 to 10 in a couple weeks of turning everything back on from ignoring FAH for a few years :)

nice!

Posted

Seems that we've lost a lot of contributors over the last month. We're doing about half of what we peeked at in February :(

post-119755-0-30332400-1364923809.png

Posted

Still going, eh? It's been a long time since I contributed to the group. Maybe I'll start again and put my new 7870 to good use. :p

Posted

Decided to start again.. I'll leave it on when I can now I got my overheating problem sorted.

I have a gtx 670 but it doesn't seem to run, just says waiting for idle.