PlayStation 3 becomes UK's fastest-selling home console

Please, do find examples of me being negative towards someone who owns a PS3. I may be negative towards you, yes, but that's for a different reason.

If anything I should be saying the same thing to you about the 360.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Again.. what's your PSN ID?

One day you'll get to me.. just maybe. Until then, we all are still enjoying this great news. Move along Scrooge.

I think it's cool that Sony have sold well, but I'm enjoying and caring about it as much as a story about MS, or any company for that matter, doing the same thing - which is very little.

And wait, sorry, because I don't own a PS3 means I don't have an opinion on anything? Or that I'm negative towards PS3, what the hell?

Listen, all I'm saying is that you show an unnatural amount of love for a company, which honestly couldn't care less about you personally. Yeah, support a company, but within reason. I mean, not long ago you had a sig advertising all the Sony products you own. Just a bit odd, is all.

And please don't say I'm negative towards PS3 owners when I've done nothing of the sort.

I think it's cool that Sony have sold well, but I'm enjoying and caring about it as much as a story about MS, or any company for that matter, doing the same thing - which is very little.

And wait, sorry, because I don't own a PS3 means I don't have an opinion on anything? Or that I'm negative towards PS3, what the hell?

Listen, all I'm saying is that you show an unnatural amount of love for a company, which honestly couldn't care less about you personally. Yeah, support a company, but within reason. I mean, not long ago you had a sig advertising all the Sony products you own. Just a bit odd, is all.

And you're supporting a company in the same way with Live in your signature. But nobody makes a big deal about that. Just because somebody doesn't mind taking a little stand here on Neowin and defending the Playstation 3 a bit shouldn't be unnatural. Well, I take that back. Unless you're pro-Microsoft on here.. you're nothing right? Heh. Come on, these various tactics to downplay the console on your part (and others much like) won't prove anything or get anywhere. We make these topics to discuss the title at hand.. it is the Sony section afterall. There is a Microsoft section for your opinions too. Maybe I support the company for certain reasons though. :shiftyninja:

All in all though, I don't mind stirring up the beehive from time to time. Some people take all this a little too serious.. it is the internet you know. You're not going to phase me with all the anti-Sony talk.. it just gets old anyways. There is no contribution points to it at all. But it is a little humourous after a day of work to get a small jive out of someone who's heavy headed all the time. I'm not the only one to say this gets old from people like you.. keep that mind. Atleast stay on topic though. Hooray for the successful sales! :D

Some people take all this a little too serious.. it is the internet you know. You're not going to phase me with all the anti-Sony talk.. it just gets old anyways.

:yes:

:yes:

tad off discussion but could i use ur sig as a template to make my own gamertag type thing quiksilver ? or is there a generator somewhere ?

There is some small development started up on this. Different from the few posted on the PS forums. No actual generator yet, but close. I'll fill you in. ;)

Sony has pulled off an amazing feat given the extremely high price, mediocre games and late arrival.

That's called blind loyalty, something Sonys got plenty of, don't get me wrong this is indeed good news. I want it to get better then I'd have a reason to buy it someday in the [distant for now] future.

And you're supporting a company in the same way with Live in your signature. But nobody makes a big deal about that.

There is a big difference between advertizing ones gamertag and all sony products one owns.

Just my unwanted 2 cents.

There is a big difference between advertizing ones gamertag and all sony products one owns.

Just my unwanted 2 cents.

Heh, can't help but figure: a gamer tag is also like advertising all 360 games one owns. Or PS3 games. Or Wii games. Ahh.. it's all the same! ;)

Maybe I'll add them all back to my signature since you love them so much. And I'll also find a "Sony HDTV Owner" userbar to add to the list as well. :laugh:

The Gameindustry guys are either on crack or have been bought out by Sony to post such rubbish :x

And there it is.

ding ding ding ding.

You can't buy out an independant chart tracking company - do you realise the backlash both Sony and the chart tracking company would get? It would far surpass anything Sony has experienced so far.

Stop being so in denial and just accept it!

Dddamn just accept it, ps3 is selling better than everything else right now..the spin form the haters is getting ridiculous

aye this is crazy. I'm format neutral, own both a 360 and a PS3 and I can't understand why every second post here is someone calling the figures BS or flaming those who brought a PS3. Its pretty pathetic really

aye this is crazy. I'm format neutral, own both a 360 and a PS3 and I can't understand why every second post here is someone calling the figures BS or flaming those who brought a PS3. Its pretty pathetic really

Because everyone is entitled to an opinion. Don't like it, ignore it. Anyway, it's good to see that the PS3 is doing well in some places, lets hope they keep this steady.

It took me one day to get a Wii. I wasn't going to get one until this time, March or April, but in January a friend called me a told me she got a Wii an hour later I went to the store and got my Wii :D

You are lucky then. I went to trade my PS2 and games in the other day for some games for my 360 at EB Games. It just so happened they were getting a shipment of Wii's that day. I got there before they opened because I had to go to work later. There was a line-up of 20 people for the 5 Wii's they were getting in. Some had been there since 6am and the store opened at 10am. It's like this at every store here. The Wii's sell as soon as the store opens the doors.

As far as these PS3 numbers, congrats to Sony. The true indication will come in the coming weeks though. The Wii has sustained an almost frenzy like demand ever since it's launch. It could be everyone that wanted a PS3 got one at the launch, and then in the coming weeks the rest will sit on shelves gathering dust much like they do in most parts of North America.

Oh dear does this thread need moderation.

Anyway this is good news, maybe it will lead to a price drop from both the companies, Sony and MS. Competition is bliss for consumers.

Good news for Sony I guess.. but I just don't know anyone who picked one of these up, and I have a lot of console owning geek mates! Weird.

Because everyone is entitled to an opinion. Don't like it, ignore it. Anyway, it's good to see that the PS3 is doing well in some places, lets hope they keep this steady.

ya I realise that but its kinda lame to call people stupid or retarded just because they brought a console. Its also rather boring to constantly hear people bang on about the price of the thing.

People denying sales numbers and calling them Sony sponsered is just plain dumb. If it was boasting about the Wii people would be congratulating Nintendo but it seems the in thing to bash Sony at the moment, even if people have never even tried the console

You can't buy out an independant chart tracking company - do you realise the backlash both Sony and the chart tracking company would get? It would far surpass anything Sony has experienced so far.

Stop being so in denial and just accept it!

One report comes out saying it sold well against all the other reports that say it didn't and that one has to be true, now who's in denial?

As reported on another post dvd.co.uk have already reduced it to 399, it isn?t because it's selling well....

One other thing - estimated sales In fact most of the reports on Chart - Track are estimated or 'worthless' as most people like to call them.

:D:D

I don't dispute these figures at all and it does look good for Sony, but the real test will be in the coming weeks. Will the sales keep up or will the remainder sit on shelves gathering dust?

I think there's little point fighting about it like a bunch of 8 year old kids shouting "my daddy is bigger than your daddy", just go buy your god damned console of choice and be happy. We'll see what happens at Christmas when all of the launch hype dies down.

I wonder how many of the 165,000 sold ended up on Ebay?

None. Considering there is NOTHING to earn on it due to the fact that Sony shipped enough consoles to avoid going out-of-stock (in Europe that is), unlike some other competing brands.

The fact of the matter is that the PS3 shipped enough units to the store to have sufficient supply to sell these numbers. The other "reports" about the sales are about the low turnout at the midnight debut, this is the only one that talks about consoles sold (that I've seen on Neowin). There's a lot of negative news regarding the PS3 launch but this is definitely good news for Sony. Now it's important for them to keep up the momentum with new features and games.

None. Considering there is NOTHING to earn on it due to the fact that Sony shipped enough consoles to avoid going out-of-stock (in Europe that is), unlike some other competing brands.

None? You mean none, except for those selling at a loss, right?

The fact of the matter is Nintendo could have easily surpassed this record, if they too had hundreds of thousands of extra consoles gathering dust in warehouses. This isn't good news for Sony, by any stretch of the imagination. Sony had over 200,000 consoles available at launch, and there are still consoles sitting on shelves.

?This is by far and away the largest stock allocation for any console launch there has ever been in the UK,? Jonathan Fargher, a Sony spokesman, said. Microsoft supplied an estimated 70,000 Xbox 360s for its UK launch.

Source