Photo

What is unsecapp.exe?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DaViD_BRaNDoN

DaViD_BRaNDoN

BYTe Me!

Posted 27 March 2007 - 17:29

Can anyone tell me what's "unsecapp.exe"? It auto-starts with Vista Home Premium. The file properties has this info: "Sink to receive asynchronous callbacks for WMI client application". Is it safe to terminate it? How do I disable it so that it won't auto-start?

#2 Bobster

Bobster

Heroes/Lost Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 27 March 2007 - 17:31

unsecapp.exe is a process found on Microsoft Windows server and workstation suites which offers support towards compatibility issues. Please see below website for more information: http://msdn.Microsof...atesinkstub.asp This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Google is your friend.

#3 [bear]

[bear]

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 March 2007 - 17:32

http://www.processli.../files/unsecapp

#4 OP DaViD_BRaNDoN

DaViD_BRaNDoN

BYTe Me!

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:34

I did Google for information but most provide scarce details. Does your system have it running as well?

#5 Deactivated Account

Deactivated Account

Neowinian

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:32

How to remove unsecapp error

The free file information forum can help you find out if unsecapp.exe is a virus, trojan, spyware, adware which you can remove, or a file belonging to a Windows system or an application you can trust.

unsecapp.exe file information
The process WMI belongs to the software Microsoft® Windows® Operating System/b> Microsoft Corporation/b> (www.microsoft.com).
Description:/b> File unsecapp.exe is located in a subfolder of C:\Windows\System32. Known file sizes on Windows XP are 16896 bytes (97% of all occurrence), 24064 bytes.
File unsecapp.exe is a Windows core system file. It is a file without information about the maker of this file. The program is not visible. File unsecapp.exe is a Microsoft signed file. Therefore the technical security rating 8% dangerous/i>.Important: Some malware camouflage themselves as unsecapp.exe, particularly if they are located in c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder. Thus check the unsecapp.exe process on your pc whether it is pest./b>

#6 DKAngel

DKAngel

That i cannot own ....I shall destroy

Posted 28 March 2007 - 11:39

u need it running so dont terminate it

#7 Grope for Luna

Grope for Luna

Erotic Vulture

Posted 28 March 2007 - 21:05

I seem to recall having this runnng but it isn't anymore. It's not listed as the executable in either of the services so I'm not sure how/why it starts.

#8 Northgrove

Northgrove

Philosophizing Developer

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 28 March 2007 - 23:54

From Bobster's description, it sounds like it may start automatically if Windows notices there's an application with known compatibility problems running. Sort of a helper process to resolve these issues perhaps? And it may "disappear" if you don't run any such programs. I know Vista has a list of programs with known compatibility problems. Microsoft's own Visual Studio 2005 is among them. :p When you start such programs, you usually get a dialog box warning you about that though.

#9 OP DaViD_BRaNDoN

DaViD_BRaNDoN

BYTe Me!

Posted 30 March 2007 - 17:34

It's not registered as one of the Services. I saw the unsecapp.exe entry in Windows Task Manager under Processes tab. Not sure about the application compatibility problems but I don't have any 3rd party software running at Windows startup