Bootcamp 1.2 Does Vista

Not sure if this has been posted, Search didn't come up with anything.

boot camp has been updated

From http://www.apple.com/macosx/bootcamp/

Boot Camp 1.2 beta includes:

* Support for Windows Vista (32-bit)

* Updated drivers, including but not limited to trackpad, AppleTime (synch), audio, graphics, modem, iSight camera

* Support the Apple Remote (works with iTunes and Windows Media Player)

* A Windows system tray icon for easy access to Boot Camp information and actions

* Improved keyboard support for Korean, Chinese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, and French Canadian

* Improved Windows driver installation experience

* Updated documentation and Boot Camp on-line help in Windows

* Apple Software Update (for Windows XP and Vista)

Downloading now. I'll let you know if it's any good on Vista

downloading now.

speaking of boot camp.. i need to add more space to my window partition. so what do i need to do? run this newer version of boot camp? when i get to the partitioning thing just drag the slider to the left more? huh? wha?

Yes! My sound drivers from Boot Camp 1.1.2 weren't working in Vista. I'll have to download this. Also good to see the Apple Remote has some drivers now.

speaking of boot camp.. i need to add more space to my window partition. so what do i need to do? run this newer version of boot camp? when i get to the partitioning thing just drag the slider to the left more? huh? wha?

I think you will have to delete the partition and then repartition it.

downloading now.

No, boot camp upgrades like any "normal" software, it just installs.

to increase it, you need to go to applications/utilities and run the bootcamp installer. I think you're gonna have to actually reformat that partition and start over, but I'm not 100% sure.

Ok it's installed and everything on Vista ultimate 32Bit, working fine so far. The Remote works in both WMP and itunes, however the Menu button launches iTunes and I'm not sure if this can be changed.

Windows update has a newer driver for the wireless (running on a Core2 MacBook Pro) but Bluetooth, scrolling trackpad are working, iSight is not but I think this may be due to me messing around trying to get the driver from the last release working.

There is a built in help file, which among other things, lists the shortcut keys.

The installer has been simplified, you do not have to keep confirming unsigned drivers.

So Far this is an improvment on the last release, some of the little annoying things appear to have been sorted out.

I re-run the Windows expreience rating, all scores have gone from 4.5 to 4.7 ith the exception of the disk transfer rate (still 4.5) but it is a slower drive so that is expected.

Apple today pushed out an update to Boot Camp, it's dual booting feature, providing support for the 32-bit version of Windows Vista. Along with this update, Apple has included updated drivers for various hardware included on Intel Macs. Download at source.

Beautiful. I'm going to test this when I get home. Hopefully they've improved the mouse driver for Windows XP (So it doesn't freeze when resuming from standby).

wait... :D

Changes in Boot Camp 1.2 beta

Boot Camp 1.2 beta contains several updates and is intended for all new and previous Boot Camp beta users.

Boot Camp 1.2 beta includes:

* Support for Windows Vista (32-bit)

* Updated drivers, including but not limited to trackpad, AppleTime (synch), audio, graphics, modem, iSight camera

* Support the Apple Remote (works with iTunes and Windows Media Player)

* A Windows system tray icon for easy access to Boot Camp information and actions

* Improved keyboard support for Korean, Chinese, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Finnish, Russian, and French Canadian

* Improved Windows driver installation experience

* Updated documentation and Boot Camp on-line help in Windows

* Apple Software Update (for Windows XP and Vista)

Edited by Quick Reply

Hopefully they've improved the mouse driver for Windows XP (So it doesn't freeze when resuming from standby).

I so hope they have. That was such an annoying issue on my iMac. Will try later.

Nice to see Boot Camp finally supporting Vista. I still prefer using virtual machines via Parallels Desktop, though.

YES!!!!!

FINALLY!!!!!

I tried vista on my macbook (2 ghz core duo, 1.25 gb ram) on parallels but it sucked so badly i couldn't take it. now i can finally judge it at native speed

I put in an order for my 1st Macbook (or any Mac for that matter). Should arrive in a week.

I'll be checking this out, just for streaming content over to my 360 via WinXP/TVersity. (whenever that gets fixed)

Stand-by for future noob threads in Mac forum. :p

I installed this today, a nice update to be sure (though I still want tap support in my trackpad!).

I so hope they have. That was such an annoying issue on my iMac. Will try later.

I posted a workaround for that a month or two ago, at least on Vista (use the super awesome vista Task Scheduler to automatically restart the driver on resume). Fortunately, as of today, it's no longer necessary.

Nice to see Boot Camp finally supporting Vista. I still prefer using virtual machines via Parallels Desktop, though.

The VMware for mac is in beta and its far better then Parallels, download the beta and try it.

I installed this today, a nice update to be sure (though I still want tap support in my trackpad!).

I posted a workaround for that a month or two ago, at least on Vista (use the super awesome vista Task Scheduler to automatically restart the driver on resume). Fortunately, as of today, it's no longer necessary.

it doesnt do it in OSX so i doubt they will add it to Windows (im glad they dont have it because i hate that feature....)

The VMware for mac is in beta and its far better then Parallels, download the beta and try it.

Does it support Aero Glass?

it doesnt do it in OSX so i doubt they will add it to Windows (im glad they dont have it because i hate that feature....)

OS X has tap support. You have to enable it.