Redhat and internet

I am going to install RedHat Linux on my computer and I need to know

how to find the following information so i can set up the network.

IP Address, Netmask, Network, Broadcast, Gateway and Primary DNS (and if applicable the Secondary DNS and Ternary DNS). Is there a way to get this with out contacting my isp, like is there a command or program i can get this quickly? I remember on like win98 you could use like ipcfg but that isnt on WinXP Pro SP1. Any help? Thrid Party programs are nice too. I really hate calling my isp

control panel > network connections > whatever network connection you use > Support tab > 'Details...' button, but that's only if you need to specify the information yourself. A lot of cable companies use DHCP to assign you all of that information automatically. In that case, you shouldnt have to enter any of that.

i have dsl, would that make a difference? since you said cable. Also i tried what you said and under network connections and my connection i did not see a "support" tab. Where would that be?

Edited by Circaflex

keep inmind, RH8 should recognze most of it (if it's dhcp and since u use dsl it prob is.). Not sure tho i use gentoo ;) but i used rh7 and i think it was pretty automatic. :unsure:

so should i just select dchp?

yea just select dhcp, altho its still useful to know ur host jic, cause some distros ask for it and some isp's require u to type it in.