Why Mac ?

You may not want to hear it, but the switch site, probably sums up most of the reasons that people "switch" to the mac.

I think ultimately it boils down to a person's preferences.

My best advice, head to an apple store, or a store that sells mac's and play with one for a couple of hours.

I'm a PC User..

Please... Don't  say "Go to Switch in Apple's web"  :p

I switched basically cause I love the idea of having a UNIX operating system and at the same time being able to run Photoshop. From the beginning that was the main reason at least. Now I've grown to love the OS more and more, as I have realised how well everything works. I'm gonna have to go with the old cliche "Everything just works". At least that's part of the reason.

If you're into graphics or video, and not that interested in gaming, Macs are a good choice. I suggest going to an Apple retailer to try out OS X (it really makes all the difference), and see if it's for you. And if you do decide to try to go Mac, read a lot about the OS before-hand. I think it helps tremendously. That's why I had no trouble switching over, cause I basically knew how to find everything in the OS, in theory :)

I'm sure some of the other people here can tell you some more useful stuff than what I've rambled about here.

Good luck :)

[edit] Buncha spelling-errors :p

Why would you need someone to sit around and tell you why you should switch to a mac.

quite frankly I could care less.

This thread just seems like flamebait

Take the advice from my sig,

Not sure why I ordered one, they look nice and I think i'll use it for itunes and web browsing and I have a development project that needs seeing if its feasable.

Chris

Why would you need someone to sit around and tell you why you should switch to a mac.

i concur. sounds shifty to me. :shifty:

i concur. sounds shifty to me. :shifty:

u guys flame everything

the man wanted to hear some opinions and concerns about this topic

just let him be :blink: :blink: :blink:

Not again....

Look through the threads in this section. I and others have given our opinions over and over again and again. Switch because you want/ need to, not because people on a forum say so. Read up on apple.com and other sites. Go to a local mac retailer and play with OS X and see what you think.

This thread is just another open door for the PC faithful to come lurking into the Mac forum and start yet another flaim war....

i love the way i wake my ibook From sleep every morning, leave it running all day, close the lid, let it sleep... and wake it the next day ... i cannot remember the last time i restarted! ... it really "JUST WORKS" in my opinion. Pretty Care free, leaves you to do what you wanted to do, with by contrast, minimal interruptions from the system :D

NeYo

My first Mac should arrive tomorrow so once I play with it enough, I'll post my impressions (I've been a diehard PC junkie who has always flamed Macs so I won't be impressed easily :) )

too expensive to switch.  bring back the clones.

Clones would kill Apple's money intake. Not gunna happen...

About App availability, there are A LOT of mac apps. Most of the great windows apps also run on a Mac (or started on Mac first). And if there is some windoze app you must run, there is always Virtual PC.

but I agree that Macs are expensive