Halo 2 for Windows out soon!

I guarantee it won't work the same/as well.

It will work and look the same. Period.

And they wonder why pc gaming is dead..... over 80% of this thread is filled with people openly talking about stealing the game.

That has nothing to do with it; Console games can be also downloaded (stealing offens me :p ) and as a matter of fact, can be pirated easier seeing as PC games have multiple checks while console games only have the console's check and thats it.

How do you know its a POS? The game hasn't been released yet. The Xbox version rocked, PC version might too.

And it will be bought by PC gamers, if any, who didn't get their hands on Xbox version. Its will also be bought by hard core gamers who like to play shooters with their keyboards and mice and don't like controllers.

We see Halo 2 as Tribes + UT 2004 sort of odd mix.

There's nothings hardcore about Halo2. It's a friggin old game and there is no reason that HALO 2 would require DX10 and they'd be stupid if they actually changed the game so it does just to force ppl to upgrade and really, how many will they manage to get by porting this old game to PC? We're getting closer from seeing Bioshock and Crysis and here are the guys with HALO 2 lol, ok ya sure thing, I'll be playing THAT!

I haven't seen a single post in this thread claiming they're going to steal the game. Cracking to make it work on an OS it doesn't support does not make them a thief.

And they wonder why pc gaming is dead..... over 80% of this thread is filled with people openly talking about stealing the game.

even tough i have vista for free ( thank you Microsoft!) as a beta tester i still don't like to be forced to use it. It is ok but nothing special. I don't need the graphical interface. For windows i prefer the win 2003 look ( or 98 if you may call it) and for os x i prefer more graphics. it is just that i use my computer with win 2003 ( legally) does any one know when it will be released?

Hmm. I will wait for the demo version and see if it is different than the Xbox version. It will be fun to fix up every bug they have. Yes there are bugs even in the Xbox version. I mean gameplay bugs. Hmmm a fully covered armed made of titium spartan killed by a single beam rifle shot where as the marines, who wear basic, partially covered armor takes more beam rifle shots to kill. A very unbalanced game :no:

It will work and look the same. Period.

What are you? Psychic? I can tell you for a fact that it will NOT work the same if it ever got cracked to work on XP. For a start the Games For Windows Live! stuff is for Windows Vista only so you wouldn't have the Live gaming, acheivements and matchmaking. The fact is that no-one has any idea when or even IF the game will get cracked to work on XP. Anyone trying to say otherwise has no grip on reality.

I do however believe that Microsoft could have made this an XP compatibile game if they had wanted to. They could also have made the Live for Windows stuff work on XP too. It is obviously a deliberate ploy by them to make Vista seem more attractive to the average customer. But since I already own Vista and love it, I don't care :)

That has nothing to do with it; Console games can be also downloaded (stealing offens me :p ) and as a matter of fact, can be pirated easier seeing as PC games have multiple checks while console games only have the console's check and thats it.

What are you smoking? It is far easier to steal a PC game than a console game. To steal a PC game all you do is download it (or find an illegal copy at your local market) and apply the no-cd patch to it. How is that harder than getting your console's hardware modified?

Applying a no-cd crack is obviously easier than chipping your Xbox.

Edited by TCLN Ryster

For a start the Games For Windows Live! stuff is for Windows Vista only

Artificial limitation - forced upgrading - has nothing to do with the OS itself.

I do however believe that Microsoft could have made this an XP compatibile game

Whoopie doo - a game based on several year old technology could be made XP compatible when converted directly from a platform that doesn't support half of the gimmicks in DX on Win.. what a surprise.

But since I already own Vista and love it, I don't care :)

News, not everybody loves Vista - so it's a touchy issue for some of us. Naturally I'd never buy Halo as the whole series is crud but nevertheless, artificially crippling their platform and forcing people to upgrade should be something EU or other authority should take note of - and punish Microsoft for it. I'm sure a few hundred millions as a fine would quickly change their?tone?to "Oh we found some ways to make the game?and?some?of?our?software?to work on XP after all."

What are you smoking? It is far easier to steal a PC game than a console game.

Download a console game, burn it, play it. No need for cracks, no need to apply cracks after an update.. It just works.

Applying a no-cd crack is obviously easier than chipping your Xbox.

You don't need to chop them anymore. You should keep more up to date on how the modern modchips work.

Artificial limitation - forced upgrading - has nothing to do with the OS itself.

Whoopie doo - a game based on several year old technology could be made XP compatible when converted directly from a platform that doesn't support half of the gimmicks in DX on Win.. what a surprise.

News, not everybody loves Vista - so it's a touchy issue for some of us. Naturally I'd never buy Halo as the whole series is crud but nevertheless, artificially crippling their platform and forcing people to upgrade should be something EU or other authority should take note of - and punish Microsoft for it. I'm sure a few hundred millions as a fine would quickly change their tone to "Oh we found some ways to make the game and some of our software to work on XP after all."

Download a console game, burn it, play it. No need for cracks, no need to apply cracks after an update.. It just works.

You don't need to chop them anymore. You should keep more up to date on how the modern modchips work.

show me how to chip an x360 without opening the thing and voiding a perfectly good 1yr warranty.

PC games are still much easier to pirate.

played halo 2 on xbox so this doesnt really get me going, it would have if i had not got my xbox i must say... but even still i would not be upgrading for it... i know i will at some point but i cant see me ever upgrading to vista, i just dont like the whole new UI... im happy with classic windows never mind xp theme

Im not a big fan of Halo because its just another FPS not that revolutionary as people say it is. The multiplayer part of this game is where it shines (although still nothing new), the map editor tools included is nice becuase I get bored of the same maps over and over. I hope they are not huge map downloads.

So whats the new blood gulch level replacement, the level that most servers play over and over usually marked as the mapName/24 (24 hours a day).

How do you know its a POS? The game hasn't been released yet. The Xbox version rocked, PC version might too.

And it will be bought by PC gamers, if any, who didn't get their hands on Xbox version. Its will also be bought by hard core gamers who like to play shooters with their keyboards and mice and don't like controllers.

im more of a PC gamer than an xbox gamer just look at my xfire profile

http://www.xfire.com/profile/guju900/

you know what that is don't you...

yea thats right 338 clocked for halo PC.more of a halo fan than anyone

but halo 2 on 360 wasn't much to me, the senstivity sucks.

i just hope halo 3 has better controls

I think what I like best about the Halo franchise is that its the best game to balance vehicles and melee in with a FPS. Halo 2 did a great job of tuning vehicles now I think they just need to work on melee a little, up the damage that standard melee does so its as useful as it was in the original

So whats the new blood gulch level replacement, the level that most servers play over and over usually marked as the mapName/24 (24 hours a day).

One nice thing about Halo 2 is that there is a much broader selection of maps that are popular, the only maps I remember playing in Halo were Hang Em High, Blood Gulch and Prisoner, with maybe a few games on longest to mix it up. My friends and I only play big team slayer games with vehicles now and we play on Coagulation, Headlong, Terminal, Waterworks, and Relic; and thats only about half of the outdoor maps with vehicles, so if you enjoy a variety of game types you can find yourself using all of the maps in the game