vmware prob...

i got this prob with vmware......

as far as i know, Linux can only read NTFS drives and not write it.........so will i be able to use windowsXP, which is installed in a NTFS drive?

when i launch vmware, it says that i got no access to any of the drives from hda ~ hdg something like that....anybody can solve it the prob..?

Well, you can enable write access, but this is very dangerous, especially in VMWare AFAIK because the disks don't sync with each other until you restart the VM, so what you write in windows you won't be able to see in linux. It's very dangerous to allow the VM to access your drives for more than read access.

That's with the Disk Redo option.. otherwise you have direct disk access, with the danger of destroying the disk..

If it's your own machine, I'd say, try it; and maybe having to reinstall XP..

In a production/education environment; I say no.

Are you allowing VMware to write directly to the drive, or are you using the normal virtual drive? VMware only works on a NT based computer, you can then install any of the other OSes you are given a choice for. Maybe the distro of Linux you are using needs some more input from you to set up your "drive". Mandrake had no problems, but one of the other distros gave me a lot of problems.