Square Enix Confirms FFXIII Is Not Exclusive To PS3

They would be stupid not to make it for the 360. That's basically like saying no, we don't want a few extra million dollars. You can bet at least 80% of all 360 owners would buy it. 8 million x $60 is a lot of money for Square to say no to.

What makes you perfer realtime? sure PS3 and X360 can make some very nice realtime cutscenes but you can make them look even nicer if you pre-render them. So what it takes up a lot more space not a problem with blu-ray and who cares if a game is multiple discs on X360, when games are to lazy that they have to complain about swapping discs for a game then things have goten pretty sad.

Can PS3 and/or X360 really render realtime 1080P? Most people say they can't or they it's very hard to program them to, I personaly would rather huge video files an a few more seconds loading time then a choppy cut scene. Like PS3 isn't capable of rendering 1080P with AA and HDR, only one (AA or HDR not both). If it was prerendered they could have both and it would not be a problem.

1. I dont think the Wii would be able to handle it, nor a scaled down version of it, because its so sophisticated for next gen platforms

2. I dont see why 360 would not get a release, it is perfectly capable even if it has to use multiple discs, or perhaps a preload disc and a gameplay disc utilizing the hdd?

3. FMV =/= Realtime movies, FMV can do much more, and be so damn better, esp for FF franchise, believe me

Yeah I'd love to see it on the 360 and see no real reason why they shouldnt release it on the console. ALOT of gamers want it quite obviously.

phew... i'd be really annoyed if FFXIII went to 360... its one of the main reasons i bought a PS3.

about FMVs though, i think for a game like FF you need FMVs, even if some games use real-time footage, that works because there isn't a massively impressive landscape with loads of detail behind them. when you look at some of the FF cutscenes its just amazing how much detail they put into them... even with a PS3/360 you couldn't reach that level of detail.

Let's think about this guys. Now, when you're a game developer and you see a console not doing so well, even when you've been working directly with the makers of said console for ages, what are you going to do to make sure that you're game is a big seller and that you make your money back? Cross platform. Make it available on multiple platforms. In today's world of gamers there are few if any gamers who do not know the name Final Fantasy. Most know of it and most have played it and most love it. Now look at the spread of consoles currently. Wii tops the 3. 360 is second. PS3 is running a very sad 3rd. Then let's take this into consideration, in today's world of games, it's useless to go exlusive with your titles anymore. It's better to cross platform your title for a better coverage of gamers. You have some gamers that are loyal to one console and won't budge. Should you push away those gamers because you've worled with a business all these years. if anything, Square Enix should take a lesson from Rockstar. when Rockstar got the ability to cross platform they did, and an already popular series got even more popular. Look at the past success of Final Fantasy games and put your self in the mind of the company. I think it would be quite unwise of Square to be exclusive to the PS3. besides, you already have one Final Fantasy game on the 360, why would Square stop there. Now I'm not saying that Square has decide to go 360, but the oppurtunities are there and there are many gamers who want it and aside from making games and money, what else do game designers like to do? Make their audiences happy. So, personally, I hope to see Final Fantasy go to the 360 as well as the Wii.

i'd like it to be on the ps3 as it has superior graphics and power, but i have the wii and 360 (and a ds!) as well, so whatever it ultimately looks best and performs best on, i will get that.

ps ^ where did you get your exact factual numbers of exactly how many units are out there and have been sold? I'd like to check'em out!

i'd like it to be on the ps3 as it has superior graphics and power, but i have the wii and 360 (and a ds!) as well, so whatever it ultimately looks best and performs best on, i will get that.

Too bad it doesn't. But that's for another thread.

It does... but you can't prove otherwise so I guess it doesn't matter. Stop trolling, David.

I wasn't trolling. It's a known fact that the 360 can output better graphics than the PS3 because of the choked bandwidth for the PS3's graphics.

It does... but you can't prove otherwise so I guess it doesn't matter. Stop trolling, David.

You know, after playing games on both systems on the great big plasma up in the confrence room here at work, I'd have to say that currently, PS3 looks as good as the 360. It doesn't look better and both systems have YET to be pushed to their absolute limits. So Superior is yet to be seen...

:rofl:

Nice rebuttal. What are you, eight?

I hope FF comes on the 360. I haven't played an FF game since FF7.

First post has been updated with newer info.

From what I gather, SquareEnix isn't being specific, and is causing much stress on all parties. Sony fans hate to see the franchise branch out and 360 owners aren't being told verbatim if they will or will not be receiving the franchise. For sure, Nintendo will be receiving some FF love in the future. No one can resist the power of the DS :D

For now, we will have to wait and see.

*Holds breath and crosses fingers*

From what I gather, SquareEnix isn't being specific, and is causing much stress on all parties. Sony fans hate to see the franchise branch out

Seen a few cases of Sony fans objecting and to be honest I don't see why. Hell it isnt even a Sony game series to begin with and to be honest I think its a great thing to allow more people to play a title. Just seems stupid for people to get so sentimental over a title being exclusive to their company of choice.

it's coming to PC.

as much as I'd like to see it on the 360, it's not going to happen. they are farting around with language and trying to be ambigous about where it's going but it's probably coming out for the PC.

I also believe a DS version of this game wouldn't count as the other platform, because they could have released a ds version of the game along with the ps3 version, because they aren't platforms or games that are competing with each other.

link to your info

Seen a few cases of Sony fans objecting and to be honest I don't see why. Hell it isnt even a Sony game series to begin with and to be honest I think its a great thing to allow more people to play a title. Just seems stupid for people to get so sentimental over a title being exclusive to their company of choice.

Because the series moved into the mainstream on the PSX. A large majority of fans played their first Final Fantasy on that console, so to them, it feels as though the franchise belongs most appropriately on a Sony console.

I hope its not PC they're talking about, SE have already shown interest in the 360 so hopefully we'll get a port *fingers crossed* as for storage, i'm sure it wouldnt matter to them as they've done it in the past with ff7-9 and it didnt bother me