Square Enix Confirms FFXIII Is Not Exclusive To PS3

Thinking about it more, it has to be either to the PC, the 360 or another game altogether to the Wii. It would be too difficult to maintain a similar game on the Wii and it would be too stupid to ignore the advantage of making a game that would only work on the Wii because of it's unique control scheme.

That being said, if it comes to the PC or 360, shouldn't a port either way be very simple? I mean from what I understand making a game for the PC pretty much means you can port it to the 360 with little problems. Why ignore the 10million console installed base?

I told you SO! :laugh: :rofl: :p

and I can't tell anything else cuz I know WAAAYYY too much about this... :shiftyninja:

hate. HATEHATEHATEHATEHATEEEEEEEEEE~

(you know i <3 you really.)

and I can't tell anything else cuz I know WAAAYYY too much about this... :shiftyninja:

He knows something about FF360 that I want to know! *explodes*

A Final Fantasy game on the 360 would be awesome. Not some FFMMO, I don't like MMOs. I want to sink my teeth into a juicy story filled with characters I actually care about. I've played so many disappointing games lately :(

Okay, simply because you responded my hopes have gone way up. If it's not coming to the 360, I will personally find you and tell you how disappointed I am to your face! :p

That being said, if it comes to the PC or 360, shouldn't a port either way be very simple? I mean from what I understand making a game for the PC pretty much means you can port it to the 360 with little problems. Why ignore the 10million console installed base?

It would be extremely easy, but the even cooler fact that makes this all the more believable is the fact that the engine on which FFXIII runs is made to be multi-platform, meaning that even a port from the PS3 to the 360 would be extremely easy as well.

Okay, simply because you responded my hopes have gone way up. If it's not coming to the 360, I will personally find you and tell you how disappointed I am to your face! :p

how many times I'd let you down? :blush: :p

haha i read this the other day, shook my head, and figured this would make it on neowin eventually. now, i'm not saying that ff13, the main game, is not going to the 360, but this report does not confirm or deny anything at all. this site doesn't list their source (which should give you an idea of how credible they are), but they are referring to comments made by motomu toriyama in australia's psm, saying that Fabula Nova Crystallis "isn't just limited to three titles" and that "it's not simply exclusive to the PS3 and mobile phones". he does not say that ff13 is going to be multiplatform, he said fabula nova crystallis will be multiplatform. fabula nova crystallis refers to the series that ff13 will be part of (sort of like how ff7 branched of into a series of different games), not the game itself. as of now, ff13 is still a ps3 exclusive. but that may change in the future.

just wanted to clarify that this is not an official announcement that it's going to the 360. if you don't believe me, go here...

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/18/final-fa...and-mobile-360/

i'll quote what this site says

I'm glad I read through the thread before posting. I was just about to post the same thing, lol.

I was going to do the exact same. Unless I hear it explicitly stated, it's still considered speculation that they're referring to FF13 specifically.

how many times I'd let you down? :blush: :p

Well, there was the time you implied there'd be an HDMI cable for the old model 360s :p

Would be nice to see it on the pc but I remember how bad FF7/FF8 ports were.

RE4/DMC3 are suppose to be pretty average ports as well.

Think we need to see a FF game for the pc built from scratch!!

Shouldn't be an issue anymore with the new engine... It's platform-independent, so it can port easily from one to the next.

People are saying that it's probably for the PC, well, lets not forget that with the 360's XNA tools and such, going from PC to 360 is a snap.

Outdated HDMI specs *cough cough* :devil:

Let me ask you something.. Do you have an HDTV that actually supports 1.3 HDMI? If not, I don't know what you're complaining about. Also, even if a device/television does support HDMI 1.3, that doesn't mean it's actually using any of the big features it comes with.

FF8 was pretty good actually. The FMV's were finally up to the quality as the PSX one's, the MIDI support wasn't screwed up, and the backgrounds looked far cleaner despite the resolution increase. But I will agree about FF7, even though the PC port was how I played the game.

Let me ask you something.. Do you have an HDTV that actually supports 1.3 HDMI? If not, I don't know what you're complaining about. Also, even if a device/television does support HDMI 1.3, that doesn't mean it's actually using any of the big features it comes with.

You and many people forget the audio, HD audio that parts of this medium. Yes I will have a full flung pre/pro with 1.3 specs once they come out in the late summer early fall. To hell with the image, my HD set works great with component or VGA, however to get that HD surround sound audio, HDMI 1.3 is a necessity.

I'm absolutely addicted to FF I started way back when on sega. So I"m very happy to hear that news. My fiancee saved up for months to get his 360 so at least now I know I have a chance of playing FF again.

I'm absolutely addicted to FF I started way back when on sega. So I"m very happy to hear that news. My fiancee saved up for months to get his 360 so at least now I know I have a chance of playing FF again.

Sega? do you mean SNES? atleast to my knowledge they were never out on the genesis.

I'm totally baffled why anyone would care if it's coming to the 360. I could understand if it were cancelled for the PS3 and then became a 360 exclusive or smth, but who cares if it comes to the 360 as well? It's not like you won't still be able to play on PS3 as well. I think it's totally pathectic these fanboys getting all worked up about exclusives. I mean, get a life. Your system still gets it so who gives a fack?

I'm totally baffled why anyone would care if it's coming to the 360. I could understand if it were cancelled for the PS3 and then became a 360 exclusive or smth, but who cares if it comes to the 360 as well? It's not like you won't still be able to play on PS3 as well. I think it's totally pathectic these fanboys getting all worked up about exclusives. I mean, get a life. Your system still gets it so who gives a fack?

Seriously, it's ridiculous. The uproar for DMC4 being a non-exclusive was retarded as well. I'm not sure if you saw it, but there was an actual petition online saying that if Capcom kept it non-exclusive that PS3 owners would boycott all Capcom games. How moronic is that?

You asked the same question in the "PS3 gets 2 360 games" thread. The issue with it is that exclusives sell consoles. Think Sonic or Mario. If you take away the exclusivity of playing specific games and add to that the fact that the games look the same on the 2 systems you pretty much have no reason (excluding watching movies) to purchase the more expensive console. Thus sales suffer and the more expensive console leaves the market.

Cloudstrife also mentioned that if you start porting everything, since the 2 systems are so different, you end up with a lowest common denominator game instead of a game that can take advantage of the system's strengths.

I care because If i dont have to spend another $600 to play the FF games.