Greetings from my iBook!

My iBook arrived late last night and played with it for probably two hours before I had to go to bed. I've played with it a little bit this morning before I have to go to bed, and I must say, I'm impressed! For only a laptop with 128MB RAM, it is pretty fast.

Everything is smooth, slick, and purdy! I can't wait until I get home from school today so I can play with my new toy ^_^

When I first booted up my iBook and plugged in the network cable, I didn't think it worked as there were no pop-up screens at all. So I tried the Internet and what did you know! It was online! Unlike my PC where I had to configure all the IPs and stuff like that the first time through.

I couldn't figure out to plug in the power adapter lol. The one end that connects to the iBook had a plastic half-circle top on it, making it look like a light bulb or something. I finally got the genius in me to pull it off and find the plug-in. ;)

Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase thus far! :D

On a side note, for those who use Proteus and connect to Yahoo Instant Messenger through it, what are your account options for it? Mine are like this:

Host Name: cs.yahoo.com

Port: 5050

Those settings won't work for me. It keeps trying to connect then fails.

congratz on your new ibook, 128 megs of ram is perfect for just using msn/any other im client and chimera, but remember: if you bought it to play games....just use your pc for that :p

right now im just lying here typing and having a firewire drive plugged in :D, the firewire drive was really handy for me, i put all my mp3s on to it, and itunes actually plays them pretty well

My Imac was supposed to arrive today.

but it did not.

:crazy: :angry: :blink: :wacko: :cry: :angry: :no:

Not happy with the delivery was sent out on a van, but now has gone back to the depot for another day.

<flamebait deleted>

:: points to the sign ::

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Use the 'Report Post to Moderator' :) It works much better.

<flamebait deleted>

:: points to the sign ::

PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Use the 'Report Post to Moderator' :) It works much better.

It might. But trolls are funny :happy:

Oh, and I forgot in my last reply.. Justin, congratulations and welcome to the family :D

Welcome! :D .. Did you get the 12" Version?! Thats the one i have, looks a lot better IMO than the 14 :D ... I've never tried X with 128mb, but i did with 64Mb, and it really was a joke, can't imagine it being O' So great with 128mb, but Hey! you Prolly have 300MHz faster CPU than me, a Better GPU ... so ... *Sigh* ....;) :p

Neyo

awesome man. it was cool, everyone here kinda got to have a part in the whole thing, from what mac, to what size ibook, to finally having it arrive. :)

I Think a new Lindows PC can match an ibooks spec :laugh:

:rolleyes: :p

Anyway, congrats on your purchase Justin, you've got my details in case you ever need any help with the durn thing ;)

My 2.8GHz Inspiron with 128MB GeForce 440 Go blows the crap out of all your faggy gayBooks!

(I'm really not mean, I just like to laugh at myself!) :D

What possible reason would you have for being such a goddamn ######? Why would you come in here and insult someone you don't even know about something that he's obviously enjoying? You laugh at yourself, I laugh at your parents, for doing heroin when you were concieved.

What an ass...I can't believe this fsckhead. :no:

Keep the posts on topic. No pathetic posts like what dougkinzinger has just contributed, you've now got an official warning. Read the rules. No offtopic posts, and posts merely intended to spam and irritate.