Xbox Owned November

November, no matter what console videogame fans might own, was a huge month. With the release of amazing titles such as Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Splinter Cell and Metroid Prime, it was one that more than a few will remember. Today, Microsoft announced that it wasn?t just big on the game?s side of things, as Xbox enjoyed its finest month for hardware during November according to NPD. Partly fueled by the launch of Xbox Live, Xbox was able to outsell competitor GameCube for the seventh month in a row with the Xbox Holiday bundle (Xbox, Sega GT 2002 and Jet Set Radio Future) outselling GameCube and the Super Mario Sunshine bundle by 131 percent. Moreover, Microsoft reports that Xbox sold 34 percent more titles than GameCube since release, with titles such as Splinter Cell, a game with a quarter of a million units sold worldwide, leading the way.

The system comparison continued as Microsoft added that Xbox Live was able to sell 86 percent higher than the PlayStation 2 Network Adapters. This comes on top of sales of Xbox Live titles such as MechAssault, Tom Clancy?s Ghost Recon and Unreal Championship selling in excess of 300,00 units in North America during November. The aforementioned Xbox Live titles attached at over 80 percent to the Xbox Live Starter Kit.

Stepping away from North America, Microsoft reported a few noteworthy details on other regions of the world. For starters, Microsoft continues, Xbox is the second top selling console in Europe according to ChartTrack and GFK; with the system outselling GameCube by two to one. In Australia Microsoft reports that Xbox and PlayStation 2?s market gap is only 4 percent, with the Xbox market share doubling to 46 percent over the past eight weeks. In Asia Microsoft reported that the Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan went well; with over 5,000 people lined up during the system?s launch.

Lastly, in Mexico, Microsoft reported that the October launch went well. According to the report issued today, the system is the most widely available next-generation console in the country.

Source: Planet Xbox

ok let me comment on this. JAGO i'm sure you've seen the official report from Nintendo talking about how well they sold and all that mess. and the numbers saying Xbox and Cube tied etc...

now if people say those numbers don't include the sales of Wal-mart....and IF Xbox sold better than Cube at Walmart...how can Nintendo sit up there and lie and say they sold better than Xbox?? and what's all this mess they said about having 46% of the hardware share in November??? WTF

what were they talking about the last week of November. PS2 sold 1 million in November, 480,000 doesn't even compare. the installed user base is still nowhere near what the PS2 is so you tell me Jago or somebody else, how the hell can Nintendo say they had a 46% share of the hardware for November?? and if they included the sales of GBA in their, well that's kind of distorting the #s ain't it. if you take that out it means that the Cube probably sold in last place then.

they said (and i don't have a link to the report yet) that N and Sony took 5% at the expense of Microsoft. now IF they did include the sales of GBA in their hardware #s tell me how can something that isn't even in the same market take marketshare away from something??

but i do agree it was an all around good month for Everybody

Edited by macrosslover

Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony all report the figures in a way to make their machines look better. It's always been like that.

unfortunately so :(...but the Cube fans say Nintendo is the good one out of the batch...surely Nintendo can rise above all this and tell us the truth. the gamecube is in last place. is that hard no lol

ok let me comment on this. JAGO i'm sure you've seen the official report from Nintendo talking about how well they sold and all that mess. and the numbers saying Xbox and Cube tied etc...

now if people say those numbers don't include the sales of Wal-mart....and IF Xbox sold better than Cube at Walmart...how can Nintendo sit up there and lie and say they sold better than Xbox?? and what's all this mess they said about having 46% of the hardware share in November??? WTF

what were they talking about the last week of November. PS2 sold 1 million in November, 480,000 doesn't even compare. the installed user base is still nowhere near what the PS2 is so you tell me Jago or somebody else, how the hell can Nintendo say they had a 46% share of the hardware for November?? and if they included the sales of GBA in their, well that's kind of distorting the #s ain't it. if you take that out it means that the Cube probably sold in last place then.

they said (and i don't have a link to the report yet) that N and Sony took 5% at the expense of Microsoft. now IF they did include the sales of GBA in their hardware #s tell me how can something that isn't even in the same market take marketshare away from something??

but i do agree it was an all around good month for Everybody

Dang, your just hopin I turn this into a flame war don't you? And you must still think that I am an EXTREME Nintendo fanboy huh? Honestly I wouldn't base my whole decision on how a system is selling. You're also starting to sound like neo1980 btw...

Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony all report the figures in a way to make their machines look better. It's always been like that.

Kionee hit it right on the money. ANY COMPANY in ANY INDUSTRY is going to LIE about sales numbers to make themselves look good and their competitors look bad.

we all know dreamcast would of owned november :( i miss that console

any hoot like everyone else is saying any company would say their console is doing better than others, so far its nintendo and ms i havnt seen sony's word yet...

You're also starting to sound like neo1980 btw...

awww cmon neo1980 has been real nice lately did u really have to drag him into this?

I haven't seen him lately so I assume that he has been behaving himself, but I was actually talking about the OLD neo...

I tend to ignore any thread I see these days that contain the words "XBOX", "PS2" & "GAMECUBE"! I can't be bothered with all the flaming going on!

I own an XBOX and I think it's great, however, I keep that to myself, I don't keep bashing the other two!, I have a friend who has a PS2 and another who has a Game Cube, they are all great consoles, I bought an XBOX because my friend had a PS2 and the Game Cube was not out at the time.

I know forums are a place to write about anything you like, but I for one am getting fed up with all the flaming!

I am pretty sure there are other people here that share my feelings.

Ben :)