Bush demands ISPs spy on all users

Yeah, gotta love the strategy he employs.

Terrorists POed that America's military is all over their lands, so they attack ours -> Bush solution: More military all over their lands, creating more terrorists.

Bush says terrorists hate our freedoms so we have to protect them -> Bush solution: Take away piece by piece of the Bill of Rights

Brilliant, Dubya, brilliant.  And your Pentagon henchmen too.

1. Perhaps you have neglected to notice the scores of people responsible for the attack on innocent Americans of 9/11 that have been caught or killed.

2. Where in the Bill of Rights does it state that we have unfettered access to the Internet through phone/cable lines that we do not own?

3. The ones crying the loudest about this obviously are doing things they shouldn't, why else would they care?

Over the past 30 years or so we have gradually became more and more lax in our borders, our security, our airports, our assumption that the guy working at the 7/11 just wanted the American way of life. We paid for that slackness on 9/11. I'm glad we have a President with the balls to stand up and do something substantial about it instead of bombing aspirin factories when another bimbo comes out of the closet claiming to have had sex with him.

9/11 = whoop-dee-doo. Let's not tear apart the fundamental values of this country now. I cried all day on that day. But it has past. Let's not turn into ravaging lunatics and fascists, in the U.S. or killing Iraqis or whatever.

Over the past 30 years or so we have gradually became more and more lax in our borders, our security, our airports, our assumption that the guy working at the 7/11 just wanted the American way of life. We paid for that slackness on 9/11. I'm glad we have a President with the balls to stand up and do something substantial about it instead of bombing aspirin factories when another bimbo comes out of the closet claiming to have had sex with him.

Well in my opinion we've known about this threat for a long time. No-one cared because it was never a civilian target, it was all good when it was Navy, Marine, and Embassy workers. Everyone turned thier cheek, then they hit big, and everyones like "What????". "What's Al Queda?" There were plenty of signs and we don't need more laws to see them, just some common freaking sense.

And I agree Clinton was too weak, this shoulda been taken care of years ago, but that doesn't change the present.

Terrorists POed that America's military is all over their lands, so they attack ours -> Bush solution: More military all over their lands, creating more terrorists.

Bush says terrorists hate our freedoms so we have to protect them -> Bush solution: Take away piece by piece of the Bill of Rights

Brilliant, Dubya, brilliant. ?And your Pentagon henchmen too.

so exactly how many troops did we have stationed in afgan that po'ed osama enuff to nail us?? cmon dont be a blind liberal who listens to all the propoganda

You're not even worth responding to any more. I advise everyone else to do the same. Thanks, play again next time.

i guess i must be the only person on these boards that feel this way. its unfortunate that you are to ignorant to even understand the point im trying to get across. but whatever if you dont like it then GTFO. or you can run around w/ your liberal prop tellin every1 the gov hates us. whatever floats your boat but just sit back and think for one minitue. do you really think the gov is doing this because they hate us and want to spy on us??? like i said b4 get over yourselves your not that important

And I agree Clinton was too weak, this shoulda been taken care of years ago, but that doesn't change the present.

No you're right, it doesn't change the present. the fact that it wasn't taken care of years ago is defining the present.

Techinically... But he isnt stayin in a arab country is he? [Afghanistan]..

Thanks for conceding the point that he is Arab. :D:D

Ok... So hisi> arab.. what now?... are all arabs terrorists?.. I don't think so... everyone is the KKK was white, does that mean all whites are racists?

Techinically... But he isnt stayin in a arab country is he? [Afghanistan]..

Thanks for conceding the point that he is Arab:D :D

Ok... Sois arab.. what now?... are all arabs terrorists?.. I don't think so... everyone is the KKK was white, does that mean all whites are racists?

look i apologize for my statement earlier if you felt it was racist. i was in no way trying to be racist and im good friends w/ some arabs (for lack of a better word as im uneducated in other names for your people) but i was only making a statement of fact. people of arabic decent and people of color in general will be hasseled far more then a white grandmother for instance

Back to the topic...

I want everyone to be protected from the government. When I complain, it's not for my sake. It's for everybody, in the U.S. and abroad. This internet surveillance is for the whole internet, so that means people all over the world are going to be affected. The U.S. disgusts me. I am neither liberal nor right-wing or any of that labeling nonsense.

I just want people to be able to do things in peace. That's not so much to ask, is it? Both online and offline...

Alright.. I'm of arab decent... I don't think they can touch me.... cauz they ain' got nottin on me... ur makin a very general statement about arabs.. I wouldn't do that... Do you know how many arabs live around you??

I wasn't going to reply to this discussion anymore, because I'm being made out to be an enemy of my country as are others in this discussion, if I've offended anyone by saying that? So be it, I won't change my views to suit. Some of you will never see my view, some do. But to tell me what I shouldn't say, you have no right too, for one thing I didn't say a damn thing about Arab's..All Arab's aren't terrorist, nor are terrorist's all Arab. How many Arab's live near me? Not many, I will honestly say that... I started taking what Atom was saying personally, I'm sorry for that. He has an opinion, so do I. He's allowed, I'm allowed. I just feel that this isn't the end of the road. I'm done, you will never hear from me again on this discussion.

I'm so glad I don't live in America. And I've become more and more glad ever since 9/11.

Bush is taking away a lot of you guys' rights, and I wonder where it'll stop. I mean.. The land of the free? If Bush has his way you would have state-controlled media and who knows what else.

I urge all americans to go out and protest.

haha thats wonderful. and where do u live again? it doesnt really matter because no matter where your from its still not the US :happy:

Look, I don't appreciate being attacked for expressing my concern for other people. Just because I don't live in the US doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Thank you and good day.

I'm so glad I don't live in America. And I've become more and more glad ever since 9/11.

Bush is taking away a lot of you guys' rights, and I wonder where it'll stop. I mean.. The land of the free? If Bush has his way you would have state-controlled media and who knows what else.

haha thats wonderful. and where do u live again? it doesnt really matter because no matter where your from its still not the US :happy:

Look, I don't appreciate being attacked for expressing my concern for other people. Just because I don't live in the US doesn't mean I can't have an opinion. Thank you and good day.

i wasnt trying to offend ne1 just stating my opinion as well :laugh:

i wasnt trying to offend ne1 just stating my opinion as well :laugh:

Um, no. You insulted me for not being a US inhabitant. Can't see anything else than that in your reply to my post.

Ok... So hisi> arab.. what now?... are all arabs terrorists?.. I don't think so... everyone is the KKK was white, does that mean all whites are racists?

Answering your quote with my previous quote since you evidently didn't read it

I neither agree with or tolerate racism but Osama was born in Saudi Arabia.

Um, no. You insulted me for not being a US inhabitant. Can't see anything else than that in your reply to my post.

:( dont be so touchy. but sorry if i offended u

That must be the most idiotic response I've ever seen, but we need idiots in this world.

Try to insult me because Im mexican

,Dec 20 2002, 17:15]

That must be the most idiotic response I've ever seen, but we need idiots in this world.

:D well im glad that i made the most idiotic resposne uve ever seen. that made my day! i mean uve obviously seen a lot of posts and spend most of your free time boarding. and for ME to be the most idiotic. thats gotta be an honor...... and your mexican WOW do u want a medal or something? your probably my cousing and dont even know it so dont be mean :happy:

I retract my previous statement.. Since when did Race come into this discussion? OMG... This has got to be the funniest discussion I've seen... What started as a debate, has become a racial thing.. Get serious.. This whole situation has absolutely nothing to do with Race.. LMAO now I'll hear it... Well BRING it ON! Get back on the subject, start a new discussion if you wanna talk about racial issues.

,Dec 20 2002, 17:15]

:D well im glad that i made the most idiotic resposne uve ever seen. that made my day! i mean uve obviously seen a lot of posts and spend most of your free time boarding. and for ME to be the most idiotic. thats gotta be an honor...... and your mexican WOW do u want a medal or something? your probably my cousing and dont even know it so dont be mean :happy:

nah I dont want a medal, I dont even want you to shut up, is funny to see how you ridiculise yourself...

I retract my previous statement.. Since when did Race come into this discussion? OMG... This has got to be the funniest discussion I've seen... What started as a debate, has become a racial thing.. Get serious.. This whole situation has absolutely nothing to do with Race.. LMAO now I'll hear it... Well BRING it ON! Get back on the subject, start a new discussion if you wanna talk about racial issues.

yeah i think im over this thread now time to move on! :yes:

,Dec 20 2002, 17:24] nah I dont want a medal, I dont even want you to shut up, is funny to see how you ridiculise yourself...

good well im glad i made you happy! :yes:

Here's a Stanford review look at the Internet and Privacy (2001), very long: Click.

I'm just looking through it myself. Interesting. Link from slashdot.

Let everyone drop their arguments... and let some of the lurkers respond.